I’m going to frontload this with a few questions:

1. Can I continue to drive with the check engine light on for Bank 1 sensor 2 stuck rich without causing damage?
2. What are normal readings for O2 sensors (for troubleshooting purposes)? Is it like a gasser, where you expect between .1 volt and .9 volts? (And my scanner gives me O2 sensor readings in mA instead of volts, which I don’t really understand either)

I bought my 2012 Ram 2500 6.7L with 146,500 miles on it, everything stock. Found a stored P04DB (CCV filter) code, so I did the 67,500 maintenance on it and that went away. However, it recently threw a P2271 code, Bank1 sensor 2 O2 sensor stuck rich. I know on a gasser the pre-cat O2 sensor controls the air/fuel mixture, and the post cat measures the converter efficiency. So to drive a gasser with the pre-cat O2 sensor malfunctioning will cause incorrect air/fuel mixture.

But do the O2 sensors on a Ram diesel also tell the ECM how to mix the air/fuel?

Not too long after this O2 sensor code I also got P2BAC, “NOx exceedance- deactivation of EGR.” Which I think is an info-only code for a de-rated engine until emissions are fixed. But I haven’t noticed any difference in performance, and hey, I guess this means EGR has turned itself off? Kinda good maybe?

Most importantly, can I drive like this without causing irreparable damage.

I bought a Bosch O2 sensor but have not swapped it yet, pending the collective knowledge of the membership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk