Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Tire Size

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tire Size

I just put 2" a leveling kit on my truck and was wondering how much tire I can put in the fender well without rubbing issues.

I'll be running 9"x17" wheels.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Tire Size

Quote Originally Posted by F1 coyote View Post
    I just put 2" a leveling kit on my truck and was wondering how much tire I can put in the fender well without rubbing issues.

I'll be running 9"x17" wheels.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I’m running 35’s with just slight rubbing at full lock to the right.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Tire Size

What offset on the 17x9 do you plan to run?

I'm running 2.5" leveling coils in the front with a 17x8.5 +0mm offset and a 37x12.5 and had to trim the back of the plastic wheel well liner.

I went ahead and took some of the pinch weld out behind the liner so i could bend the liner back instead of cut it completely out.

I don't get any rub on anything now. I could have gotten away with a little less trimming if I had gone with the +18mm offset in the same wheel but i prefer this look.

My bet would be that running a 2" level and a +18mm offset you could still run the 37x12.5 if you wanted to with no problems.

Check out @Custom Offsets if you haven't already.

Lots of information and pictures on there.

Here's the write up and pictures of the trimming i had to do on my truck.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...led-on-37-quot

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: Tire Size

Appreciate guys I been looking at some 305/17, 34 x 12.25, they'll be going on a 2016 4x2 tradesman regular cab 2500, I think they're going to beef it up just fine.

7. Likes scs210, watersupply189 liked this post