On 4/13 driving home I got a wonderful P003A (current fault) and a P00AF (pending fault.)

Cleared the codes hoping it was a fluke.

Then today (4/21) I got the P003A (current fault), P0506 (pending) and P0471 (historic.) I was doing just fine driving with no MIL. Came to a stop light and about 30 seconds later, the truck had a low, rough idle. Pulled over on a side street with no throttle to get it out of the way and she stalled before I could put it in park.

Started the truck to move it a little more and it was very rough starting and stalled in about 40 feet.

Sat for 5 minutes to research a little about my problem on the phone and cleared the codes hoping I could get it home before it died again.

She had a rough start and ran almost normal. Had a mild rough idle/vanes sounding closed symptom on the way home at stops, but no repeats (been fighting that since September.) As a reminder to the community, around September I had to restore my emissions and had the stealership reflash the truck.

Hasn't been running right since.

About 3 months ago, I took it to a local turbo shop and they said I needed a new turbo. (Didn't really trust what they were telling me and they wanted a large sum of cash for a rebuilt turbo with rebuilt actuator.

What are the chances it just needs a reflash? If it does, DRD is gonna get some of my money finally.

If its just the actuator, City Diesel will get some of my money.

If the vane lever is sticky and indicates a new turbo, recommendations for a rebuilder? (Still thinking I want to put the City Diesel actuator on if I do.)

I'll get the courage up to drain the coolant and check the actuator in the next day or so. I've read I can just unplug it for now and keep driving it.

Read: if it's the turbo, I can drive it to the mechanic and let him hurt is back pulling out the manifold if I'm feeling really lazy.

Thanks for all the help.

Its the truck in my signature.