Likes Likes:  10

Thread: New member 09 Ram 6.7 tune help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

New member 09 Ram 6.7 tune help

Well folks, due to the sensitivity of the subject of certain tunes these days I thought I would change things up and add some photos of my truck along with mods and the issues I'm having.

Admins feel free to delete if the pics or content are too much.

So I bought this truck used at auction and drove it home from Nebraska to Florida last March and apparently it has some kind of tune since it had a 4" to 5" straight pipe exhaust with what appears to have two O2 sensors installed in the straight pipe but the two other sensors I believe are exhaust temp sensors are just tie wrapped up on the frame, all of the other stock components were still in place.

So the truck drove the 1600 miles home just fine getting only 10 MPG with barely stock power with the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT on & the DPF FULL warning continually chiming and the SERVICE REQUIRED and the SEE DEALER NOW constantly displayed on the overhead computer display.

So after I got it home I did a bunch of PM maintenance like full fluid changes, Valve lash adjustment, new H2O pump, new AC compressor, dryer & condenser, replaced the plastic end intercooler with a 08 OEM aluminum unit.

I then stumbled across a H&S 2nd GEN turbo setup with a BW S300 66/73/.09 with manifold and a REVMAX TCM so I installed the setup.

Then I installed some analog GlowShift EGT, BOOST & TRANS TEMP gauges above the rear view mirror and installed a Edge CTS2 monitor on the A pillar along with a CSP5 switch mounted on the dash.

I just want the truck setup to tow and romp around a little bit, all major components are stock.

So check out the photo's of the stuff I've done and the ones showing the issues I'm having and feel free to PM me on mods or tunes I should consider, I am pretty green on the present day EFI Live and all other tuning for the 2006 and newer Cummins.

I also just recieved a MM3 today to add to my arsenal.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes AnOldBiker, Thomas1960 liked this post