Quote Originally Posted by MrAnthrope View Post
By 'crawler' I assume you mean a rock crawler? We don't have them in South Florida. No rocks to crawl around on.

And is it that big? Big enough that you need to attach a trailer to the back of a loaded down 2500 with a top-heavy camper in it?

I am in no way, shape or form tolerant of the 'weight police'. No how. They remind me of the people that stand at the Express Lane at the Supermarket and tell you that you've got one too many items in your cart. Small-minded, small people.

But that sounds -- Uncool, to me. Unless you're talking about towing maybe a 1,000lbs or less. But I suspect it's a lot higher than that.

The actual axle in a 2500 has about the same weight capacity as in a 3500, IIRC. Some difference, but not enough to get excited about. I mean according to the people that make them, AAM.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2018/0...0s-differ.html

So that's somewhere to start off -- By dispelling myths.

As to keeping the trailer somewhere, yeah, that can be a problem. Find a friend or pay to keep it stored somewhere. Yeah, I know it's easy for me to spend your money. I'm good at that.

The cost in Kaliphoney? Problem. If it were me, I'd drive to Ohio (THE best plce to buy new ones) and pull it back. You said you're from Upstate New Yawk, right? Make it coincide with a vacation.

The crawler?? How big is that thing? My garage is 10 feet long and almost 8 feet wide. Even if you subtract the irrelevant space the wheel wells take up near the front of the garage..... It's gotta be near 7-1/2 feet wide. If your crawler is wider than that... Here's mine.......

Holy Smokes!

I was looking for a pic to send you and I found my identical twin (2016 XLR HyperLyte) in Kalifoney for $37k.....!!! Holy Sheep Dip!

You can buy brand spanking new in Ohio for much less than that.

In the Midwest, you should be able to buy mine for $18k or less. If it was for sale. It's not.

A long trip but a lot of people, a LOT of people (REALLY a lot of people) make the trip.

I could tell you where I bought mine but I don't know how the Forum Rules work with that.

Just get on RVTrader and start looking. The price differences are amazing.

And remember something, I always tell people because I was told this by other campers....... Buy your 2nd RV first.

Whatever you do, good luck.
MrAnthrope,

I have a 1984 Xtra Cab pickup on 35's, locked front and rear, Dual cases. Which eventually will be getting one tons and most likely 37's or 40's, low and slow is the plan. But currently i'm at 6.5' wide and a tad over 12' from front bumper to rear bumper, i'm sitting at about 80" tall right now but this week i'm taking out the 2" body lift.

I'm from Upstate NY orginally but I'm currently working out of Central California, butttttt I do try to drive home at least once a year. Last June I brought back a family member a MINT 1983 Toyota pickup (all orginal, except the dam front bumper,) so I may have to keep my eyes peeled before I shoot home and just drag one back that way. I know the east coast is by far cheaper but I know one or two of the manufactures are up in the PNW.

I debated on doing what Crshanta did, 25' Gooseneck and Mount the Cabover over the neck (which would sit up on a mounting box, providing easier access to tanks/sewer line) but would also provide some room for storage boxes under the camper.

Rabbit