I don't know where to correctly post this. I hope this is correct, and if not feel free to move me....

I don't really need to do do this mod. I know my truck will have zero issues starting in the cold, let alone the cold in Colorado. Now that that whole discussion is ended, I shall explain what I am doing.

Long story short. I asked if I could plug my block heater into the plug at my works parking garage. I was told sure!. So I did. It lasted half a day. Someone complained and they not only unplugged it, but zip tied the cover shut. Fast forward, it was my company, and yeah...... so it is spawned because of global warming politics ( agree or disagree. That's your choice, and this is not the place for it..... ) and so, I decided because 1) I can, 2) this is a fun project, and 3) to do our it out of spite for them..... why not make a remote start generator, that if I am right (and I may not be ) I can start anywhere via wifi but 100% for sure via timer that will not only be self sustaining ( charge my batteries ) but warm my block.

I know of the other heating options avail ( coolant heaters, espars ect .... ) but that's too easy. So why not, as well some seemed to like my aux switch mod.

Bit of background i love computers. I build quad GPU computers that can cost more then people's new cars. I taught my self some about electronics, how to solder electronics, and personally I do hvac.

This will be a long term project ( to be complete before Feb i hope. Parts are enroute but i need to order the exhaust and test the heat transfer.... )

My goals : self sustaining generator, eventually hoping to run off of the truck batteries ( not till I trust it! ), using an rv power center ( has built in 12vdc transfer switch, amp load capability and 3 stage battery charger ), power what's known as a fan controller, which will maintain truck bed temperature (I have a cover on my bed) bring in outside cold air as needed, and send the start signal to the generator. The generator will exhaust through a remote exhaust tube, through my factory gooseneck prep and piped outside.

I have zero idea if this is illegal, I sure hope not.......

What I currently have

Generator ( champion 3100w remote start )
Truck
Bed cover (retrax
Tools ( wood, electrical, soldering - I will add of I think I am missing something )
Fans ( I am using gentle typhoon 4250 rpm pwm moded fans)
Various pc connectors and pins
Fan controller ( aqua computer aquaero )
Various relays
Old truck battery that works
Wire

On order
YYC-2S relay
Fan finger shields
remote exhaust kit
Exhaust insulation tape / high temp metal zip ties

Need
Battery holder/ case (rv)
Wood
Rv power center

I will continue later explaining what I have done, so far. Hope you like it, and are interested.

All the above said.... this project may crash and burn. I need to get this remote exhaust kit and test it. With it and an additional silicone exhaust tube as a sleeve it may get too hot to use in my bed, if it does, game over.....
Click below for:
Part 2: Planning
Part 3 : Wood!