Hey Everyone,

I purchased a 2012 Ram 3500 4wd G56 truck from an auction almost a year ago. I was overseas at the time of purchase, but was told that it was a good truck and just didn't run. It was a good price and I purchased the truck and after a friend picked it up I learned of all the issues it had. The transmission, transfercase, drivelines, engine block had a hole in the side, ECM was fried, and wiring had been cut to just name a few problems that I discovered.

I replaced everything with new or rebuilt parts and drove the truck across the US to my new duty station. I am still currently facing one issue that I can't seem to fix.

When the key is turned ON the red security light on the dash flashes for 60-120 seconds when its warm outside (80*) and once the light goes out the truck will start. When its cold out it can take up to 30-60 minutes with the key on until the security light will go out. I don't think its a security issue, but more than likely a wiring issue.

Here is everything I have done for troubleshooting this problem.

8 Months ago
-Took it to a diesel shop and let them play with it for a week. It seemed that they weren't really up to the task after they programmed the ECM several times and didn't have any luck.
-Replaced the WIN module with new keys
-Replaced the TIPM
-Replaced the engine bay wiring harness that goes between the batteries and TIPM
-New set of batteries

1 Month ago
-Sent off new ECM to be tested and came back with a couple software issues, but nothing serious
-Another new set of larger batteries

A couple things I have learned from troubleshooting.

-Tested all the circuits in the TIPM and found that when the security light is on then there isn't power to ASD 1, 2 and 3
-Temperature plays a large factor in how quickly the security light goes off and allows power to the ASD circuits.
-Constantly have a P0658 Actuator Supply Voltage Low but unable to find information on which circuit to test
-When hooked to another vehicle with jumper-cables the truck will start faster ( More amperage being pushed through the circuits)

I am frustrated and the next step I can think to do is pull the body wiring harness and visually check for wire damage (body harness is discontinued). I have only a few months until I move again and would like to have this fixed before I leave AZ. One last thought, I have normally had good luck with the auctions. I am losing my shorts on this truck and I am ok with that. "Sometimes you win and other times you lose".

Any help or ideas are appreciated.