Thanks Thanks:  168
Likes Likes:  430
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: City Diesel Actuator for 2013+ Cummins 6.7L

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Thank you I talked to the dealer yesterday and they told me the turbo had nothing to do when I asked if they were going to clean the turbo they said it was all electrical and they had a inspector coming to look at it.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthrower View Post
    Thank you I talked to the dealer yesterday and they told me the turbo had nothing to do when I asked if they were going to clean the turbo they said it was all electrical and they had a inspector coming to look at it.
    Thanks, please keep us updated. Are you covered by warranty?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks Dirthrower thanked for this post
    Likes Dirthrower, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Yes I bought the extended warranty when I bought the truck.

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Yeah, they stopped the turbo cleaning. They just wait for a second failure and then replace the turbo. That is the new SOP from FCA. Hope the turbo goes before the warranty. I did the actuator with the better one and have been very happy with it. I just have a factory tune issue now. Think it was Corrupted by a weak battery. May even have a bad SCR from pushing through a bad nox sensor.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    using Tapatalk

8. Likes Dirthrower, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

I just got off the phone with the dealer and they said they are not going to cover it because the truck is modified I asked how it was modified and they said it had bigger tires and a lift which is only a leveling kit from thuren

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthrower View Post
    I just got off the phone with the dealer and they said they are not going to cover it because the truck is modified I asked how it was modified and they said it had bigger tires and a lift which is only a leveling kit from thuren
    Bummer, I guess you can appeal their decision. Did they give you a price quote for actuator replacement? If you decide to replace the actuator yourself the one from City Diesel would be your best option. Please keep us posted.

Magnuson-Moss Act.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Yes they did $4k and yes I was going to go with city diesel but they are on back order until Jan 17 so I might be looking into a whole new turbo any suggestions on who to talk to about my options

14. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Others may have better options on what to do next but I would start with the on-line complaint form in the Magnuson-Moss link.

16. Thanks Dirthrower, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Dirthrower, watersupply189, cwendel liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Turbo is going out, need help

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=48080&share_tid=14753&url=https%3A %2F%2Fwww%2Eigotacummins%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp% 3Ft%3D14753&share_type=t&link_source=app

I believe Dude’s Diesel is a member vendor.

He could give you advice on turbo replacement.

18. Thanks Dirthrower, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Right on thank you I will try that link but it was the extended warranty that I purchased for the truck when I bought it and I guess the fine print says it can not be modified

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast