Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post
There also seem to be alot of posts starting after having replaced the turbo with remaned units. There may be pattern.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk
My issues started before having the turbo rebuilt. I have owned the truck since new. My first step was to get rid of some of the O2 sensor issues. At one point I had 15 stored coeds in my ECU, it was at that point I decided it was time to upgrade. I went with DRD and the difference is remarkable. The truck puts a smile on my face every day. After upgrading I was still getting the P2262 and P226C codes. That is when I decided to have my turbo rebuilt figuring it was carboned up and sticking. They said it was really dirty. 126,000 mile with no upgrades will do that. My guess is that once things start to bind up that causes excessive heat in the circuitry do to the stepper motor overloading and then the more that happens just the heat from the engine coolant keeping it "cool" is enough to overheat the unit. If I had the cash and the guts I would bypass the engine coolant and put in my own mini system to liquid cool the actuator to see if that fixes the problem. A small electric pump cycling coolant through a small radiator would be easy to make up for testing purposes. I just don't have the time or cash flow to mess with it. I have phots of my MM3 screen showing the desired position to be 37.30% and the actual being at 12.5%. That alone tells me this isn't a tune related problem. My boost at that point is .17psi. I am going to try to remember to data log the actual / desired / boost and coolant temp on the way home tonight and see if I can make any sense out of the date in a graph format. My guess is it will show everything working fine until the coolant temp gets up to 185 ish then the VGT will start sticking.