Hello All,

I am new to the site, been reviewing a lot of information related to MPG improvements for my recently acquired truck (2010 Ram 2500, Cummins, Auto 68RFE, K&N air filter, all else is stock). I use the truck as a daily driver to/from work (16 miles round trip). I also pull an RV trailer with sand toys about 6 times a year (would like to go more, but not done working yet). Trailer loaded weighs about 8000 lbs. Truck has 33.5 inch tires on it as is. Mileage (hand calculated) is 11.5 MPG in town driving. I am not interested in boosting the truck with a lot of aftermarket equipment, but would like to know what can be done to improve the mileage on a stock setup. I have read a lot of information on deleting EGR and DPF, but would like to know what can be done with a stock truck. Willing to go back to stock tires as well to help with mileage.

Are emission intact tuners worth the gain in mileage from a cost basis? In other words, if it takes 30000 miles to payoff the investment, I might be better off paying for additional fuel and leaving it as is.

Are out of box tuners decent enough for my typical usage, or would a professional tuner be able to increase mileage more?

Reliability is also important. Truck will pull the trailer all day long without issue, so I don't need a huge HP/Torque improvement, just better mileage.

If someone already has experience with this model truck with emissions intact tuning, I would like to know if you experienced an improvement in mileage.

Suggestions and guidance welcome. Thank you in advance.