Quote Originally Posted by Joeyvco View Post
Yes sir, this is the path I am now taking. I just received my Wilwood master cylinder with adjustable proportioning valve assembly, waiting on my braided stainless lines. I am going to plumb the fronts in direct to the master & run the rears through the adjustable proportioning valve & throw that hunk of schitt OEM proportioning valve at the woods across the street!
I would make sure the calipers, pads and rotors/drums are rated for the job at hand.

Dodge really did not understand the capabilities of that engine and put some inferior parts on them.

Yours is the first year so it has all the bad news.

Mine was the second year and still had a lot of them.

A lot of the brakes were standard 3/4 ton brakes and barely did the job if you call it that.

The radiators were plumbed on center inlet and outlet hindering cooling (I did the tank upgrade).

The 5 speeds were from the standard gas engines they had to do a recall because the Cummins was shearing the main input shaft.

What they tested though was helpful but a lot of things were just not right.

They brought back the old 727 for the automatics which I had, but they could not use converter lock or it wouldn't hold and they did use Dana 70 axles but had to use standard diffs because limited slip couldn't take it and this was at 160hp/400 tq.

I hope the upgrades worked and I understand you may have budgetary constraints but if it were me I would make sure the wheel end was up to par or I would find a way to replace it.