So perhaps I'm overthinking this a bit, but I don't want to end up ordering something and find out later I screwed the pooch.

'16 3500 DRW needs the fuel filter changed. I'm appalled at the cost for the Mopar/ Fleetguard replacements. Hence my search leading to CAT filters. Has anyone had any success or significant issues with deleting the stock unit (either with the Fleece unit, or the dieselfuelkits unit) and running ONLY the CAT 2um filter (or Baldwin/ Donaldson)? I'm running the stock lift pump at present. Don't plan to change that unit out for at least a year or two. Will be deleting the truck this winter, but no plans for big power, other than cleaning up engine bay and promoting a healthier motor/ longevity.

I've searched through 4-5 different forums at this point, and everything I'm finding with answers relating to the 5.9 or the pre '13 trucks with no rear chassis mounted f/w separator units.

This is the kit I'm looking at purchasing, but I don't want to throw money away if I don't need to.

http://www.dieselfuelfilterkits.com/...ilter_kit.html

Advice?