Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cummins lope?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Cummins lope?

So lets go over how to make a cummins lope. As for my knowledge I thought that timing adjustments would make lopes. Either manually for 12v's or electronically for 24's but a friend claims that the ONLY way to lope is to drill out the injector rails, and timing does nothing. I've never heard of that way. But lets discuss how to lope. He believes he is a master tech. But no schooling or certificates. Just works as a tire changer

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

why the **** would you want to have your truck engine lope? are you looking to destroy it all so much faster?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Huge cam will make a 12v lope, BIG injectors and a cam will make 24v lope, cr's I've hear them lope with bad tunning but what's the point? Why would you want your truck to run that bad?
    If your truck lopes because of huge performance mods like you can on 12v ok sure although I don't see that truck being very streetable

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Exactly?

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Another stupid fad for the ignorant to try and impress other ignorant people IMO. LOL It is different if you have changed cams and injectors in a mechanical injected engine...but to detune an electronic injected engine to run like this is just plain stupid.

6. Likes K-Sons, FireDiesel liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

^^^^^exactly what diesel sports are now days :/

8. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I just read this as a newb here. 12v and 24v(vp) trucks will lope due to a cpl of things, first being big connector tubes(24) dv holder(12). Also bigger lines on either will cause lope, due to changing the injector pulse at idle or just off idle due to pressure change because of the big lines and tubes. My vp puller with a stage 2 monster vp and 093 lines and tubes would lope so hard in gear when it was auto. a big cam will only give a slight lope/idle difference. In a cr truck a lope is simply bad tuning and is really pointless. you dont want to be another flatbill dmax guy with a lope tune do you?

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zeigler86 View Post
    I just read this as a newb here. 12v and 24v(vp) trucks will lope due to a cpl of things, first being big connector tubes(24) dv holder(12). Also bigger lines on either will cause lope, due to changing the injector pulse at idle or just off idle due to pressure change because of the big lines and tubes. My vp puller with a stage 2 monster vp and 093 lines and tubes would lope so hard in gear when it was auto. a big cam will only give a slight lope/idle difference. In a cr truck a lope is simply bad tuning and is really pointless. you dont want to be another flatbill dmax guy with a lope tune do you?

10. Top Of Page | #9
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zeigler86 View Post
    Most people that want lopes are the flat billers that have there hats on backwards and using there hand to block the sun from there eyes,

not to mention the only forum that really permits the stupidity of a lope is cummins forum the rest of them want to shoot the person for asking

11. Likes Rockwerx, Minion2012 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Most people that want lopes are the flat billers that have there hats on backwards and using there hand to block the sun from there eyes,

not to mention the only forum that really permits the stupidity of a lope is cummins forum the rest of them want to shoot the person for asking
    exactly! lmao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast