Thanks Thanks:  79
Likes Likes:  246
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So it begins!

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

Re: So it begins!

Calling your insurance company now is a waste.

Fix the truck, keep the old parts and hire a lawyer.

They bs'd you and now it is time to get them back.

I have no love loss for FCA.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

New update.

So I got called at 20:34 tonight from an inspector who is currently in Michigan. He'll be coming down Monday to inspect my vehicle. It has to be towed to the local stealership for him to actually be able to inspect it. He said he would pay to have it towed there and back to my house, but I have AAA I pay for and never use so I told him I didn't mind taking care of that so he didn't have to worry about it. I'm a nice guy, even when I'm annoyed.

After I said that he got pretty cool with me, here's how the conversation went;

"So it's going to take me about an hour to an hour and a half to take pictures, measure, etc. You don't need to be there, but if you're bored I would be more than welcome to speak to you during the inspection. After my inspection I'll submit my pictures and report which will then be submitted to Dodge in one to two business days, then you will hear from them within two weeks, and if you do not call them with your case number to see what's going on and if/when you'll be reimbursed for the parts you'll have to purchase."

He then asks me if I want the local stealership (the same dealership that said they won't hook their computer to my truck if it's deleted to program a new abs module which they quoted me over $450 for) I bought the same part for $126 btw. To fix the truck for me, in which I would owe those crooks God only knows how much or if I chose to fix the truck myself he was sure they would sell the associated parts to me.

Haha. So basically, ball has been dropped. My truck will be towed to an EPA troll stealership to be inspected, and I'm sick on my stomach. I still owe on this truck, and I'm about to get the ball and chain from these people. I plan to be present during the inspection, and dare anyone to say something rediculous because they have the same piece of paper I do saying they're qualified to work on vehicles.

I'm at a loss here to be honest. At the end of the day, I have zero issue fixing my alternator which should not have burst into flames. I have zero issue purchasing my batteries said alternator fried. I have zero issue purchasing a new belt. But after looking at my truck again, I found six fuses that were not blown, and found hardened puddles of insulation in my wiring harness. So who knows what's fried at this point. That many fuses being blown has me eyeing my computer.

Looks like purchasing a "reliable vehicle" for myself and my boys turned out to be a huge mistake on my end. I'm angrier than a man can be without turning into the hulk. So yup. End of line for this ol girl, there's nothing I can do. With my payments, child support, and bills. I would never be able to fix it soon enough to be reasonable. I should've just let it melt into the concrete I guess.

I damn sure would like to thank everybody here for all their insight, DRD for those sick tunes, and all the help for everything I dumped into this to make it a dang good looking and running truck.

But I'm done, I'll still troll and whatnot, but I'm just lost right now.

Sorry.

2011 CCSB 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Banks elbow/grid heater delete, 5" ReadyLift, Fox 2.0 resv shocks, 20x12 SOTA AWOLs, 35x12.5 Cooper's, Sinister delete and intake, DV8 winch front bumper, 5" TBE no muffler 8" tip axle dump, MM3 with DRD tunes

4. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

Man I hate this- not sure who your insurance is from but I would give them a shout to feel out who answers. I would think they could have an agent inspect with FCA rep

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

So sorry to hear this sad news. Sounds like a good idea to talk with your insurance agent. Are there any other dealerships in the area that are more reasonable to work with?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    So sorry to hear this sad news. Sounds like a good idea to talk with your insurance agent. Are there any other dealerships in the area that are more reasonable to work with?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I plan to, just don't know how much help they'd be since the truck didn't actually burn down. I'm willing to try anything at this point though.

Closest decent dealership is about 70 miles away, it's where my buddy takes his truck because they don't say a word about any alterations he's done and continue to do any warranty work.

Sadly, mine has to go to the closest dealership to my home address. Which is Hitler's Playland. So we'll see how it all pans out, I'll be calling my insurance company tomorrow to see if I have any kind of options at this point. Can't hurt to try.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2011 CCSB 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Banks elbow/grid heater delete, 5" ReadyLift, Fox 2.0 resv shocks, 20x12 SOTA AWOLs, 35x12.5 Cooper's, Sinister delete and intake, DV8 winch front bumper, 5" TBE no muffler 8" tip axle dump, MM3 with DRD tunes

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lifehiker View Post
    I plan to, just don't know how much help they'd be since the truck didn't actually burn down. I'm willing to try anything at this point though.

Closest decent dealership is about 70 miles away, it's where my buddy takes his truck because they don't say a word about any alterations he's done and continue to do any warranty work.

Sadly, mine has to go to the closest dealership to my home address. Which is Hitler's Playland. So we'll see how it all pans out, I'll be calling my insurance company tomorrow to see if I have any kind of options at this point. Can't hurt to try.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

My thought is the FCA wants you to have it fixed at the dealership since that’s their bread and butter.

If they want to keep dragging it out then they should provide a rental at their expense.

At this point I’d say forget them pretty much since like you said they’ll still try to get paid out of the deal.

I have had an insurance claim in the past on a different vehicle. The run of show was I called and advised damage then they had a rep come evaluate. Next I paid my deductible and was cut a check for the monetary value they thought was done. I repaired some myself and had a local shop do the bigger work I couldn’t at the time.

Keep us posted

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes cwendel, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

Dang man I hate this for you. This sucks big time!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

14. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Like has been said. Call your ins company as long as you have comprehensive and collision coverage. That covers stuff like this. The fire is covered and the damage done is covered.
    Second, the truck does not need to be at the dealership for them to inspect it. If it was sitting in a tow yard they would have to do the inspection there. The bs about a 2 week wait is more just bs.
    They think they have you and can control the game. Flip the table on them and tell the inspector you dont feel comfortable with the truck at the dealership. If he refuses to come to you then make him choose a neutral location to inspect the truck. Make him work for it. Especially since you were called after business hours.
    And make sure to start keeping track of the time it takes you dealing with this, have a simple invoice made up using Word for your time at $50 an hour that you give to the inspector. Tell him that this is addition to the damage and the time cost involved will continue to increase. Also include a cost of use for vehicles and an amount for the loss of use of the vehicle. The guy should have also offered to provide a rental car and if he doesn't, walk. He will also, most likely, want the truck to stay at the dealership after he inspects it.
    These guys can be nice but they are salesmen. They are there to sell you on the company line and try mitigate the problems. Treat him like the ins adjustor from the company of a guy who just rear ended you while they were on the phone.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

Well I called Geico today and have a claim in place now that has been handed over to the fire damage adjuster. I called the inspector back who is supposed to come and look at my truck and told him I have a shop that can tow my vehicle in for free, and it's one of the highest rated shops in the southeast. (just so happens I know the owners, one has been my buddy since high school) he said he will arrange to have my vehicle towed to the dealership and then back to my house after his inspection was complete. He also said this was not his policy, but the company's policy on where the vehicle has to be. So I told him that was fine, I'll have AAA take the vehicle there and will immediately have it towed to the shop I mentioned earlier for them to check for anymore damages in addition to the obvious. They work insurance claims all the time and are on Geico's list of places. So the ball is rolling, tones changed quite a bit when I told him that the shop is listed under my insurance company's list for them to make adjustments at. He asked if I had contacted them, I told him that I did in fact call them because walking to work and negotiating rides for my children is getting rediculous to wait on an "if/when" reimbursement on something that cannot be fully diagnosed at this time. I also added that my deductible is cheaper than having the local dealership change a headlight bulb.

So we'll see how this all pans out. I don't know anymore. Hopefully when I get everything replaced and throw a few bottles of spray into the vents and change the cabin air filter I won't even know it happened.

18. Top Of Page | #60

User Info Menu

Final fiasco update:

Had my truck towed up to the local dealership to get inspected yesterday, guy who was taking pictures actually works for a company that Bosch owns. So he's not actually affiliated with FCA whatsoever. Super nice older gentleman who I wound up taking most of the pictures because I didn't want him hurting himself trying to balance to see under the hood or crawling under the truck.

I handed him an invoice that covered my time, hardship, cost of rental, an Uber to pickup my rental, and cost of parts associated to fix my truck. He seemed pretty stoked on how I typed it up, official doesn't even do it justice. Looks like something the federal government would send you when you owe them money. Haha.

It's the waiting game to hear from Ram now, so that's done and over with.

Geico, those bunch of fun folks.... Called, got my claim going, got a call from the adjuster after I got my truck to the shop. Was basically told they'd cover everything, but the alternator. I said "my policy covers manufacturer defects, correct?" And was hit with a, "yes sir, sure does". To which I began having a single sided conversation of explaining that a normal alternator when it goes bad does not turn into a flame spewing turbocharger of death. Dude didn't care, cost me $280 in parts to get my truck rolling again. Thankfully, and magically both batteries charged up over the course of three days on a trickle and are holding charge.

Just in time to throw my new Main Event emblems on! Hopefully Ram will hit a brother up with monies, because that would cover my second gen swap and head studs! If not, I'm not too worried. Just happy to have my truck back and no issues beyond some melted insulation and a portion of the under hood pad being toast. All is well now!20191029_104801.jpg

19. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Power247, cwendel liked this post
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast