I put this in the noob section originally. This might be a more appropriate place. Sorry about that

I'm wanting to add either a FASS or Air Dog lift pump system and was wanting some sump kit advice as well.

The truck is a stock 2010 3500 dually 350 horse 6.7 with the G56 6 speed that pulls and hauls heavy weight about half the time.

I watched several pros and cons videos respective to the two systems.

Looks like the FASS has bigger 5/8" vs 1/2" fittings and thicker 10 gauge wiring per the owner and something about the radiuses and bends vs sharp 90s adding cavitation (not sure about all that last part).

Looks like the FASS has bigger filters and motor but also a bigger profile hanging down underneath.

Looks like the Air Dog suction line gets drilled into the top of the sending unit whereas the FASS gets drilled into the tank itself. I think returns are thru stock returns is that correct?

Seems like I would be worried about getting the suction line spacing relative to the bottom of the tank right. Is the thickness of a quarter enough?

Regarding sumps I see the wisdom of gravity feeding vs sucking thru a straw but what about sediments?

Based on my vehicle and what I use it for, what recommendation would y'all have for a lift pump and sump and do I need a sump?