2012 6.7, 4" TBE, EFI Live with CSP5, fully deleted, S&B intake with a dry type filter, 68RFE, 207k miles (I bought the truck this way a year and a half ago with 160k on the clock. There is no autocal, aftermarket monitor, gauges, etc)

I have had zero issues with the truck and I keep the CSP5 on "2", which is about a 60HP tune according to the tuner. We just got back from a trip to NM (no towing, just loaded with people and our bags) and I had an issue on the way there and back:

1) On the way there, I was passing a couple vehicles and the truck came up with a CEL. It would drive fine afterwards and no noticeable concerns, so I drove it easy the last 50 miles or so and the very next morning I had the code read at autozone. P0087. As soon as I cranked the truck again to attempt looking for obvious leaks, the CEL went away. I put about 200 miles on the truck the next few days we were in NM. I drove it easy for the most part just to get around. No more issues.

2) Yesterday, on the way home, almost back to Baton Rouge (a week and over a 1,000 miles later), I stopped to fill up. I had about 4 gallons left in the tank. Immediately as I was leaving the fuel station, I felt the truck surge under moderate acceleration (25% maybe). Under very mild acceleration (say 10% or so), it would drive fine and on that flat ground, I just set the cruise to get us home (50 miles or so). I got a CEL after leaving the fuel station, but in the main attempt to get home and get my kids dropped off, I had shut it down a few times and the CEL went away. I have no idea what it was at this point. Last night I looked things over but haven't found anything yet.
When accelerating, the truck seems like it's starving for fuel as it "surges" or wont accelerate very smooth. If I am cruising at, say 40, and try to accelerate, there is just a puff of black smoke as it attempts to accelerate, but the truck just surges. That is the only smoke I ever see - and that is typical of that tune if I press on the accelerator at a low RPM under normal conditions. I tried manually shifting to, but no difference.

Prior to the trip (2,300 miles ago), I performed a lot of routine maintenance:
Fuel Filter
Oil Change
Transmission Fluid/Filters change
Front/Rear Diff fluid Change
Xfer Case Fluid change

While under the truck for that maintenance, It was then that I noticed the previous owner installed what appears to be a Mopar fuel filter (68083826AA) I googled to be part of a "severe duty fuel filter kit." It's tucked above the Xfer Case skid plate so it stayed hidden to me. Last night I tried to get that filter locally, but could not get it matched. I also have ordered another new fuel filter for the engine bay (fleetguard this time - I have been using the Baldwins). Since I cant find a match to that "severe duty" filter, I'm getting my buddy at CAT to get me a filter head and 1-R0750 Cat filter to use instead. These will be very readily available to me in the future. I also cleaned the MAP (it was really dirty - maybe never cleaned when the truck was deleted). I checked for any boot leaks or intake leaks between the filter housing and turbo, but I cannot find anything. That was just a visual and feel check - I didn't take it all apart.

I do not have a scan tool as of yet for this truck.

While I wait for those fuel filters, can anyone give me some guidance as to what else could be happening? I'm willing to get some fuel pressure gauges and install fittings to do any tests necessary. I really appreciate any help you can give me - I'm scheduled to do some salt water fishing this weekend and I'd prefer to not leave my truck at home!