Hello everyone, new to this forum but trying to get some suggestions/help. I've got a 2000 dodge Cummins 5.9L, about 300,000 miles. The truck had been at my buddy's shop getting a new transmission put in. We had some issues with getting it started due to low fuel pressure but got that sorted and got it started. The truck had been sitting up for about 5months up to this point but before that is was my daily and other then normal bs it ran like a dream. After getting the new tranny in and getting it fired up it ran for about 5 mins before cutting out. Couldn't get it started again so starting running the gauntlet to see what went wrong. Ended up pulling the valve cover and found all the pushrods, both intake and exhaust bent ( most into a nice S shape). The mechanic working on it swears up and down that he didn't use starting fluid on it but everything I know and have read points to that or a broken timing gear. In any case just figured I would toss this out there and see if anyone might have any thoughts on the matter.
Thanks