Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: smoke switch

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

smoke switch

ive read a little bit about them, but does anyone know anything about them or have one on their truck if so does it work, and does it hurt your truck. i have a 2001 with an edge juice with attiude and wired one into my map sensor but it doesnt seem to make a difference im just wondering if anyone has any input

2. Top Of Page | #2
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

they are actually called a torque converter lock up switch, instead of the computer doing the locking and unlocking you do, the unfortunate part is that people have a tendency to forget they are on, they then lug the living daylights out of the engine and usually cause the transmission to blow up. your call

3. Likes DiggerDave liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

oh so true spence

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    they are actually called a torque converter lock up switch, instead of the computer doing the locking and unlocking you do, the unfortunate part is that people have a tendency to forget they are on, they then lug the living daylights out of the engine and usually cause the transmission to blow up. your call
    There's also the map sensor smoke switch...
    Don't do it

6. Top Of Page | #5
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

I forgot about that switch, and there's a damn good reason for it, thanks for reminding me. And now to forget it

7. Thanks F350Cummins thanked for this post
    Likes bigtman07 liked this post