Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know the issues that I am seeing with my truck. 2018 3500 SRW Aisin. Deleted and tuned from DRD (love it). I have been running exclusively on the 60hp tune. I have tested the 30 and 90hp tunes just to see if I have the same hard shifts (I do). Truck has just over 5000 miles.

The 2nd to 3rd shift is sometimes so harsh that you swear it’s going to break a U joint. It is definitely worse when the trans is hot. You can make it shift relatively good if you can manage the throttle. The biggest problem with that is the vehicle in front of you has to get out of the way?. If you just lightly use the peddle, it’s the worst. Heavy throttle is somewhat better but still harsh.

Talking with a local service manager the other day, he told me they had a 2018 3500 DRW in the shop with the same issues. He told me they had sent in some kind of service request to the factory because they couldn’t find anything with the tools they have. He said the odd thing is that the factory called back in under an hour and that they were sending a engineer to there location. I have not heard back from him yet on the results.

Im at a loss here because I just can’t stand driving this truck anymore. I am thinking about putting a built Aisin transmission in it, but I’m afraid it’s just going to shift the same without trans tuning. Is there a way to force a re learn on the stock trans? Service manager is telling me no.

Lauren