Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahhhh Crap!!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ahhhh Crap!!

Well this weekend I made the mistake of putting a cooler and ice bags in the back of the truck for a bonfire. Well after staying there most of the night the ice had melted leaving the empty bags. I didn't think anything of it and drove home. Well..... now my connecting pipes for my stacks are decorated with melted ice bags. How in the world can I get them off??? It stinks to high heaven!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Oh boy

Soak the bags with oil

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ummmmmmm could you elaborate on that one?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yeah wet the bags where they stuck to the stacks with oil and let them soak. Not going to fall off, but the oil will work it's behind the bags and float them off. it's 50/50 though. Otherwise use a ice scraper on a cold pipe

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

heat em up with touches and wipe it off rith a rag

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

On chrome?

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Stainless actually. One bag has completely melted at the Y-pipe. I drove the truck yesterday and let the pipes get hot then tried scraping it off with my knife. LOL Yea it was like working hot glue LOL. So looks like I will be possibly using a torch and a scraper of some sort. Trying it cold didn't really work.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Then those pipes are getting real hot. Gonna have to burn off

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yea they do get really hot! I haven't temped them but I know the tips can't be touched and the y pip at the bed is crazy hot! I'm guessing my EGT's are up there but without the money for gauges I won't really know. I just have to hope and pray.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I used a grinder with a wire wheel on mine but my Y pipe is home made

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast