Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  22

Thread: Intake Baffle Removal (Dyno Numbers)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Intake Baffle Removal (Dyno Numbers)

Hello everyone,
    This week I took my stock 2018 Ram 2500 for some new wheels and tires and I wanted to get some Hp numbers when I did it. So I took it to a local shop that runs a DynoJet brand dyno. I will start a new thread in the "Tires & Wheels" section on those results.

Again the tuck is all stock and I intend to keep the emissions intact, however, I thought taking the Intake Baffle out and running it would be interesting and that's what we did.

Below are "My" results:

Run 3: Stock with Baffle
    Run 4: No Baffle

You will notice that there is a 5Hp decrease without the baffle. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that as a pro or a con it's just too small a measurement to be reliable IMO. Meaning we could run it again a few minutes later and it could easily have shown an increase in power.

Noise Level:
    If you "Listen" (radio off, A/C off, no talking) you can hear a slight whistle that reminds me of the same noise you get if you install a radio and amp in your car and hear the alternator feedback through the speakers.

"Normal" driving (radio on, A/C on, talking) you would never hear it.

To me, this is a mod where it may be a gain on the open road at 75-80mph but just normal around town I doubt it makes a difference one way or the other.

I hope this helps someone.
    Michael

Attached Images Attached Images