Greetings all,

I have a 2018 G56 truck, and my stock clutch is beginning to slip in higher gears. I am looking into upgrading, and would appreciate insight if anyone has any.

I have tuning by Ray, I run the +30HP tune all the time. Towing is pretty limited, only ever hitting ~9-10K, and only 5-6 times per year. I live in Maryland, with a daily round-trip commute of approximately 90 miles, often in fairly heavy rush hour traffic between Baltimore and Annapolis. I don't plan on cranking up the tuner significantly or doing injectors or turbo, but I would definitely like to be able to downshift to 5th and put my foot down without slipping...

I am trying to decide between the Valair dual disc organic (NMU70G56DDSN-ORG or QG56DDSN-ORG) and the South Bend street dual disc organic (SDD3250-GK-ORG). I have seen a decent number of posts where people say they have one or the other, and that it's a great clutch. I have no doubt that both are quality-built. What I am most interested in hearing is if anyone has driven BOTH manufacturers' products, and can give me a comparative opinion between the two.

I see that Valair's has a decently higher pressure plate load - does one have significantly heavier pedal pressure or longer pedal travel for engagement? I know that either one will be significantly louder than stock, due to gear rollover, but how is the floater plate noise? I see that Valair has a "quiet" option for about $200 more than the non-quiet version, do I really care?

Thanks in advance for any information on the subject!