Living in MA I have yearly safety and emissions testing. I run deleted 11 months a year then flash back to stock and reinstall everything. And no before it’s mentioned I am not removing the cooler yearly and deal with that hassle

I have been doing this since 2010.

The issue I have been plagued with is the EGR cooler bypass valve always gums/seized up after the 11 months. I try to free it up my moving it back and forth before a code gets set (yeah it’s happened a few times.

This year it got stuck at full open and threw a check engine light.

Rather than mess with it, I bought a low mileage valve and actuator from a member at the cumminsforum

Once I had the new one in hand I took off the old one and replaced it. Perfect. Everything now worked as it should

It got me thinking, that valve and actuator took me no more than 10 mins to remove. It would be nice if that was removed for the 11 months too.

I spent a day trying to find the block off plate, but yeah... that doesn’t exist.

This is what you are left with when you remove the valve

So I rummaged around and found a 5”x4” piece of 3/8 plate steel.

Traced the gasket onto the steel and broke out the plasma cutter and made this

Worked it over with the grinder and got it all installed

Now along with all the exhaust parts that I store safely inside to prevent theft on my truck I can not store the valve and actuator in there too

Not too bad. Whole project took about 30 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro