Thought Id share some photos of the roof rack I installed yesterday. I needed a place to put our kayaks when we travel yet wanted to be able to fit my truck in my garage still... not many options since I barely fit in my 8' tall door without the rack. I found a very low profile rack made by KC that I really liked and it had really nice LED light bars that are integrated into the rack on the front and sides.

This KC "M-Rack" is cut to fit the curvature of the cab and fits perfectly. I was pretty impressed how well it fit. The rack is aluminum and fairly light weight. I was able to lift it on and off by myself which was a feat as its not easy to work on the top of this truck.

The rack mounts to the cap via "rivnuts". I have never used these before but they are really cool. Kind of a mix between a rivet and a nut thus the name. To install I had to drill 12 holes in the top of my new 2018 truck which made me very nervous! I practiced on some other sheet metal I had as it is possible to mess up installing these rivnuts. Fortunately I was able to install all of them without problem. Im pleased with the rack and install. I still have to have the lights wired into the cab and switches installed. I will probably pay someone to do that part as I plan to have some sound system work done at the same time.

Rivnut