Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Coolant line

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Coolant line

I hope someone can help me out. I'm in the process of doing a 2nd gen swap on my 2012 ram 2500. I need to remove the coolant line on the heat exchanger. I can replace it. It's the black piece with 2 purple pieces.

Can anyone tell me how it comes apart?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Coolant line

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    I hope someone can help me out. I'm in the process of doing a 2nd gen swap on my 2012 ram 2500. I need to remove the coolant line on the heat exchanger. I can replace it. It's the black piece with 2 purple pieces.

Can anyone tell me how it comes apart?

Thanks in advance

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...23b10e210a.jpg

If your talking about disconnecting the lines, there's a tool for that. You really need the tool to get them off with out damage. The two inner tabs have to get pushed in simultaneously. Most autopars stores have them in kits with popular sizes. They're pretty inexpensive.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    If your talking about disconnecting the lines, there's a tool for that. You really need the tool to get them off with out damage. The two inner tabs have to get pushed in simultaneously. Most autopars stores have them in kits with popular sizes. They're pretty inexpensive.
    Ok, thanks. I take a trip to the parts store and see what the have.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I thought it was a simple press in on the sides and pull to disconnect..... any one else care to chime in....?

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKEYES View Post
    I thought it was a simple press in on the sides and pull to disconnect..... any one else care to chime in....?
    It's something like that but much easier with the tool.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's something like that but much easier with the tool.
    I pushed in on the purple tabs and pulled. Popped off pretty easy. Thanks for the help

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I guess I'm thinking of the fuel lines. When they are in a precarious location, the tool comes in handy. I'm forgetting the larger ones are easier.

14. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I guess I'm thinking of the fuel lines. When they are in a precarious location, the tool comes in handy. I'm forgetting the larger ones are easier.
    Thankfully the fitting was rust free. The lower connector was corroded and broke while trying to remove it.

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post