Likes Likes:  60
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heavy towing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Heavy towing.

Gentleman, I have a question, I'm about to attempt to haul a very heavy excavator roughly 21k on a 20k rated gooseneck that weighs around 5200 lbs. Behind my 12 3500 srw. Does anyone with any heavy haul experience have any input. Coming from Johnson City TN to Jacksonville FL. I have a CDL and know better but I need to move this machine. I've made this run several times with my 03 2500. But haven't had the 12 long enough to have a good feel for it. If that makes sense. Would you guys attempt it? Thanks in advance. Oh and I have thick skin so don't worry about the feelings LOL.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Heavy towing.

The truck would haul it fine. These rams are some pulling machines. I don’t know how the DOT is down there, but up here in northern NY they are all over and are always on the look out.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thats what I mean by I know better, but who knows. I have access to an older f550 and I think legally that would prob work, but I don't want to drive that turd. I used to be a Ford guy but I may be spoiled now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DZLJOE View Post
    Thats what I mean by I know better, but who knows. I have access to an older f550 and I think legally that would prob work, but I don't want to drive that turd. I used to be a Ford guy but I may be spoiled now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The Cummins Ram will pull it especially if you’ve deleted it

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scrambler13 View Post
    The truck would haul it fine. These rams are some pulling machines. I don’t know how the DOT is down there, but up here in northern NY they are all over and are always on the look out.
    Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    The Cummins Ram will pull it especially if you’ve deleted it
    So, here is a question. If you are a contract RV trailer tow-a-way worker(CDL required), would the DOT look you over for deleted emissions control equipment or am I just being paranoid?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    So, here is a question. If you are a contract RV trailer tow-a-way worker(CDL required), would the DOT look you over for deleted emissions control equipment or am I just being paranoid?
    I personally haven’t had them say anything about my truck being deleted but I think it depends where you are and what they are looking for.

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CCLB DRW. *** EGR delete, S&B cold air intake, Flo-Pro 5” stainless turbo back exhaust without muffler, shibby plug kit, MM3 tuner with DRD complete option package. ARP 625 head studs, 103# valve springs, extreme duty push rods, pusher intake horn, CP3 bag of parts, fleece powerflo in tank lift pump.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Just like everyone said it probably depends what state your in good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Depends on where you are at. I've never seen DOT give anyone a hard time with a 3500 deleted. They seem to go after the big rigs in states like Cali and a few other west coast areas.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

California is where I would figure they would be looking the hardest...

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast