Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: G56 tranny fluid

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

G56 tranny fluid

What's everyone running in theirs? i'm at around 5700 miles on my truck and figured I should swap the fluid earlier rather than later. I'm able to find royal purple and amsoil up here in AK. Should I get a manual transmission fluid or stick with the ATF4 type?
    thanks guys!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: G56 tranny fluid

Quote Originally Posted by AKram2500 View Post
    What's everyone running in theirs? i'm at around 5700 miles on my truck and figured I should swap the fluid earlier rather than later. I'm able to find royal purple and amsoil up here in AK. Should I get a manual transmission fluid or stick with the ATF4 type?
    thanks guys!
    I haven't changed mine yet, but when I put a new clutch in I'll be using Mobil Delvac 50.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

you won't like the way the delvac 50 shifts when cold,

i've ran a lot of them, so far the best one is Amsoil MTG GL-4 it's the smoothest shifting. next would be the amsoil ATF. then the swepco 711.

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I just put 75-90 in mine. Temp was 17 outside, honestly you tell a difference, but barely. You guys make it seem like it's so difficult to shift, it really isn't.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post