Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Factory Air Suspension Problems

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Factory Air Suspension Problems

I have the factory rear air suspension on my 2016 2500 and I started havin problems with it about a month ago. It has been to the dealership 3 times now for it and it is still not resolved. The first time they said the module under the drivers seat was shorting out and replaced it, the next day I got the service air suspension immediately message again. I took it back the next week and they said the compressor was shorting out now so they ordered a new compressor and put that in. I didn't even make it home that time and I got the message again, and the dealership said that the tech forgot to charge the system with nitrogen this time. Just this last weekend I now have the message reappearing every time I start the truck.

Has anyone else had problems like this with the factory air suspension??

All this started about a month after I tuned it.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Factory Air Suspension Problems

I have the factory rear air in my 2017. I have been tuned multiple times and haven’t had any issues. The only time I had a problem was last winter after driving through a wet snow storm followed by cold spell. The system said service and didn’t work until it warned up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Ram 2500 CCSB | AFE CAI | 4" Straight Pipe | MM3 Tuned by Anarchy

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Mine got considerably worse once it got cold out. It dings at me with the service air suspension message about every 30 seconds while driving. So far they have replaced the module and the compressor because they shorted out and i think something else is shorted out again by the way its acting.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derekalt View Post
    Mine got considerably worse once it got cold out. It dings at me with the service air suspension message about every 30 seconds while driving. So far they have replaced the module and the compressor because they shorted out and i think something else is shorted out again by the way its acting.
    Man that just sucks and is total BS some of those so called mechanics need to get their heads out of there asses

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

UPDATE: The dealership finally found the problem, the exhaust hanger of my flo-pro 5" exhaust wore through 2 wires causing it to short out.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

UPDATE: The dealership finally found the problem, the exhaust hanger of my flo-pro 5" exhaust wore through 2 wires causing it to short out.
    Dang! Well at least they finally figured it out. Hope they didn't charge you for the repairs.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That’s cool glad you got it fixed bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs