Thanks Thanks:  336
Likes Likes:  1,143
Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1750

Thread: What Did You Do On Your Truck Today?

1. Top Of Page | #1001

User Info Menu

Depends on how much you use it. It wont be running long while you drive, If you need to use it heavily, flip the seat up. That's my thought

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Top Of Page | #1002
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

good point, i'd prob wire mine up to a switch so it only comes on when i turn it on anyway. idk, i'll figure all that out when i get all the parts collected for it.

3. Top Of Page | #1003

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I still have a spare tire there, although you do want to think about keeping dirt out of it. I put my compressor in the cab under the back seat, and put a sound deadening box over it, its quieter than the motor so I don't hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    the tank or tanks i think will work out there still, but on the compressor side, good point about the dirt and mud becoming a potential problem. that'll prob be remote mounted somewhere... under seat storage is a great idea, but wont it get too hot under there without much ventilation?
    Both my compressors have been tucked under the passenger door and have never had a problem Just make sure the filters are clean and shield the intakes from dirt and splash.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #1004
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Both my compressors have been tucked under the passenger door and have never had a problem Just make sure the filters are clean and shield the intakes from dirt and splash.
    I'll have to see how much room is there... the dirt and splash etc is fairly easy to protect against, but i have a hunch i play in a bit deeper mud and snow than you do on a regular basis.

5. Top Of Page | #1005

User Info Menu

I still have a spare tire there, although you do want to think about keeping dirt out of it. I put my compressor in the cab under the back seat, and put a sound deadening box over it, its quieter than the motor so I don't hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    I'll have to see how much room is there... the dirt and splash etc is fairly easy to protect against, but i have a hunch i play in a bit deeper mud and snow than you do on a regular basis.
    We need to take this discussion up in another thread.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #1006

User Info Menu

Did my trans service, band adjustment. Nothing going on in that trans.

Changed the power steering fluid. 11 years old and smelled pretty ranky but clear. Hydro boost feels smoother. Seems like it needs less effort. It takes a quart of Dex 4. I suggest you high milers do that too.

Discovered a rust through on the inner rocker. Will tend to that tomorrow. Going to have to weld in a piece.

7. Top Of Page | #1007

User Info Menu

SURPRISE! What I thought was going to be a 2 hour repair ended up with me rebuilding the whole forward half of the left inner rocker. I took the step off and Oh Oh. 6 hours later . . . Tomorrow I'll paint it up and put the step back on. I have some rust converters on there that need to dry.

8. Top Of Page | #1008

User Info Menu

My 03 still comes close to rust free, except the aftermarket hood and the dent on the bed. I do need to make a few steps tward keeping it that way.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

9. Top Of Page | #1009

User Info Menu

Added sound deadening to the front foot wells and finished upgrading the door speakers. Its been a good truck day!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Top Of Page | #1010

User Info Menu

My 03 still comes close to rust free, except the aftermarket hood and the dent on the bed. I do need to make a few steps tward keeping it that way.
    Mine is from sitting so much, especially in the winter. My damage was hidden behind the step brackets. The carnage ran about 1/3 of the rocker from the front. I had to weld in about 18" of metal. But it's all treated now so hopefully it won't go any further. The right side is good, but I am going to treat it anyway. Going to do the cab mounts and frame too. Doesn't take long, just messy. That stuff sticks to everything. Internal frame treatment from eastwood. It's the same stuff they dip the cars in at the factory. Or close

Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast