With these cold temperatures the Northeast is encountering, It's important to keep your engine temps up.

I have been having issues getting my truck up past 186* even in the middle of the summer. I guess it runs so clean, it can't reach the best temps. Yesterday it got up to 178* after 30 minutes.

I just ordered a 200* thermostat from our sponsor @Geno's Garage. Stock is 190. I am hoping I can get the engine temp up at least 10*. With the single digit temperatures, it's possible your coolant can freeze in the radiator. The wind chill can exceed -40. Even with 50/50 antifreeze, I have seen it. Many people stuff cardboard in the grill. That didn't work for me last year, but it will help prevent the rad from freezing up. Bra's are 80 bucks. I also would like ot to heat up faster. I'm tired of driving for 20 minutes before the heater get's lukewarm.

200 degrees is nothing to worry about. as long as the cooling system is in good shape, it will be fine. 250* is a place to be concerned. The longer the coolant sits in the rad, the more it get's cooled. The 190* I have just isn't cutting it. It's my third one. The lower temps also effect the MPG's.

So I finally bit the bullet. I'm replacing the cap too. It's just as important as the stat.

I'll keep you posted.