I'd highly discourage anyone from using Bob Ridings in Pana Illinois

I've been going there because prices are reasonable, easy to get appointments and good diesel mechanics

However I just had to change my new water pump this weekend. After chasing down a coolant leak after I fixed my head gasket

I'll try to keep this short

In diagnosing I had them replace my water pump. At which time they installed it UPSIDE DOWN. With the weep hole on the top
300 miles later still figuring out the HG they told me they realized what they did. And we're fixing it at no cost
I asked them if there was any chance even with the hole being so small. If it would create a vacuum and pull air into the system and cause further damage. They couldn't give me an answer. Or wouldn't
So over the weekend I changed my water pump after seeing that's where my leak was. Come to find out. It was because to upper bolt toward the center of the engine was not even finger tight. I put a 1/4" ratchet on it. Expecting to break it free. With 2 finger it turned immediately with absolutely no pressure needed
The seal wasn't seated and half out of the water pump

Finally I did the HG myself as it was the only thing left. And told them I was since I could. And to save several thousand dollars. Along with not having another vehicle

So today I contacted them about checking my cruise control issue. The service manager tells me immediately he's not interested in working on my truck any longer because I lied about my head gasket. When I asked what he was talking about he said he didn't like being lied to and hung up on me. Mind you I just spent over $400 that was unnecessary and allowed them to do everything I had already done. And felt the repore was good with them

I called back and talked to the store manager. Told him what happened that I'm not a young kid and that I've spent a lot of money with the dealership. That I'll be talking to the owner when he gets back from Florida
He said he'd talk to the service manager that it didn't seem like him

Do not use Ridings in Pana Illinois