If any of you are really into paint protection...short of X-Pel or other protective "film"....the ceramic coatings are a great way to get a protective "base" coating on your rig.

I've now ceramic coated my last 6 vehicles and I can say the results are fantastic. Believe it or not, the Simoniz Glasscoat is a great product and easy to apply. The ceramic coatings available have exploded over the past 2 years, but my advice is to avoid real cheap eBay-type coatings, as they are inferior.

I'd say the big players are, in no specific order..Chemical Guys, Adams, Simoniz Glasscoat, C-Quarts, Opti Coat, and a few others.

There are some things you have to do first, with the most important being..making sure you are happy with the vehicle finish prior to coating, because the ceramic coating is a semi-permanent coating, and will "lock in" any paint imperfections such as swirls.

Also, I can stress the importance of knowing what you're doing prior to tackling a ceramic coating. It IS super easy, you just have to pay attention to the process. Youtube, and detail websites are very helpful.

And, for all of us wax/sealant junkies out there...you can wax/seal over a cured ceramic coating to your heart's desire...AND you can ceramic coat over protective films.

I'd be happy to answer any questions on ceramic coatings, if I can!