Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drill bit Size for MM3 Installation

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Drill bit Size for MM3 Installation

Question on what size of drill bit to use to drill hole in the firewall plug to run your main wire and egt probe into cab of truck?
    Want to make sure I have all tools ready as I am waiting for my MM3 tuner to be delivered on Monday from DRD
    I have watched the over view and many other videos but none seem to say what size is needed
    Also is there a grommet that will fill hole and let wires pace through it?
    Thanks all
    Excited !

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Drill bit Size for mm3 installation

Quote Originally Posted by 4406PACK View Post
    Question on what size of drill bit to use to drill hole in the firewall plug to run your main wire and egt probe into cab of truck?
    Want to make sure I have all tools ready as I am waiting for my MM3 tuner to be delivered on Monday from DRD
    I have watched the over view and many other videos but none seem to say what size is needed
    Also is there a grommet that will fill hole and let wires pace through it?
    Thanks all
    Excited !
    I just slit the shifter boot with a utility knife. Pushed the connector through and put the plug back in. No holes, neat, and the cable is sealed. In your case, there may be another cable you can sneak it through. I have't been under a dash on a 4th gen yet

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks 4406PACK, Rob See thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Rob See liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I passed mine through the clutch block off plate. Hole size will depend on the size of the grommet you have. I used something I had in my toolbox and drilled accordingly. I have an assortment of bots so it was whatever fit.

Don't remember where I ran the EGT sensor wire

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

6. Thanks 4406PACK thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, 4406PACK liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I passed mine through the clutch block off plate. Hole size will depend on the size of the grommet you have. I used something I had in my toolbox and drilled accordingly. I have an assortment of bots so it was whatever fit.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...708_173713.jpg

Sweet install clean looking job

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks 4406PACK thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That is awesome picture and gives me a good idea what I need thanks a bunch!

Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Went and found this piece on my truck looks pretty easy to get to and do this I think there would be enough room for 2 grommets there 1 for each wire or possibly both wires through same grommet
    Since you have done this what is your thought?
    Thanks in advance can't wait for install

Sagebrush Pearl

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Re: Drill bit Size for MM3 Installation

I used a 3/8’s bit to drill through the plastic plug on the drivers side. It was large enough for both lines to pass through....taped the lines with several layers of electrical tape to protect from rubbing and then filled what remained of the hole with silicone.

Todd
    2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 68RFE | Deleted and Tuned by Double R Diesel |

14. Thanks 4406PACK thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Edit: sorry please delete

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    Hellbent 2.5 level Bilstein 5100's
    Double R Diesel Warp tunes
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler
    CCV filter delete hose reroute to frame

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Fastest and easiest way was slicing a small slit through the clutch boot on the firewall. Slip the unlock cable through and done. If you are picky like I am just dab with a bead off silicon. Done. Faster and easier than the block off plate. I did my mm3 install in 29 minutes with 2 beer breaks. If I did someone else's I'd be done in 15 minutes or less.

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler

17. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob See View Post
    Fastest and easiest way was slicing a small slit through the clutch boot on the firewall. Slip the unlock cable through and done. If you are picky like I am just dab with a bead off silicon. Done. Faster and easier than the block off plate. I did my mm3 install in 29 minutes with 2 beer breaks. If I did someone else's I'd be done in 15 minutes or less.
    20171203_180437.jpg

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler

19. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast