Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Plugging Stock Fuel Line

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Plugging Stock Fuel Line

Is there anyway to cap the fuel line off at the tank? I took the old pump off my new motor to reduce clutter since I have an Airdog and it caused a siphon in that stock fuel line and I stuck a bolt in it temporarily. Is there something I can buy or make to cap it? Anything helps. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Plugging Stock Fuel Line

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhite_24v View Post
    Is there anyway to cap the fuel line off at the tank? I took the old pump off my new motor to reduce clutter since I have an Airdog and it caused a siphon in that stock fuel line and I stuck a bolt in it temporarily. Is there something I can buy or make to cap it? Anything helps. Thanks!

Golf T and some silicone

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Golf T and some silicone
    Holy crap does that actually work?!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Holy crap does that actually work?!

The line is dead right? No sweat. Leave it to the old man to give you a quick, old school, cheap solution.

The silicone seals it, and holds it in. If you ever have to pop it out, a slight tug and job done. Just don't go overboard with the silicone sealant. A little bit goes a long way.

Remember, it's not the space shuttle.

Speaking of, I am sure you remember the space shuttle that blew up a few years back. The tiles were damaged and it allowed the heat to enter the wing. You know what NASA did? For future repairs, they put a space suit on the shuttle this time with a filler compound. You know what they use to apply it? Some old timer engineer went to Walmart and got some of those sponge brushes for a couple of bucks. (Think of the millions he save bypassing the procurement procedure) Sometimes the simplest method is the best solution.

I'm an old timer engineer

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The line is dead right? No sweat. Leave it to the old man to give you a quick, old school, cheap solution.

The silicone seals it, and holds it in. If you ever have to pop it out, a slight tug and job done. Just don't go overboard with the silicone sealant. A little bit goes a long way.

Speaking of, I am sure you remember the space shuttle that blew up a few years back. The tiles were damaged and it allowed the heat to enter the wing. You know what NASA did? For future repairs, they put a space suit on the shuttle this time with a filler compound. You know what they use to apply it? Some old timer engineer went to Walmart and got some of those sponge brushes for a couple of bucks. (Think of the millions he save bypassing the procurement procedure) Sometimes the simplest method is the best solution.

I'll try the golf T! The vent tube was clogged causing back pressure so I unclogged it and I will see if it works!

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

That's a neat story by the way! Dad and I love listening to old timers for that reason!

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I'll try the golf T! The vent tube was clogged causing back pressure so I unclogged it and I will see if it works!

Hold on a second. Is this line no longer in use? The other end is disconnected as well? What exactly is going on here

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hold on a second. Is this line no longer in use? The other end is disconnected as well? What exactly is going on here
    I took one end off of the "pump" that goes to the stock filter because now I'm running an Airdog and the end on the tank is still connected. Found the problem however it was my vent port on the tank and pressure was building and pushing fuel out everywhere

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I took one end off of the "pump" that goes to the stock filter because now I'm running an Airdog and the end on the tank is still connected. Found the problem however it was my vent port on the tank and pressure was building and pushing fuel out everywhere

OK Makes sense. As long as the vent is clear, go with what I suggested

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

OK Makes sense. As long as the vent is clear, go with what I suggested
    Will try that as well!