Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Service required" and "See dealer now"

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

"Service required" and "See dealer now"

Hello,
    I am Greg from Germany.
    I have a "Service required" and "See dealer now"-message on my overhead-display. ( It is NOT the "perform service" massage ! )
    My truck is a 2007 Dodge Ram Cummins 6.7 with a RaceMe programmer.(No PRO, no ULTRA)

The Truck is fully deleted (No CAT, no EGR-cooler, no DPF, no throttle valve)
    I changed: Fuel filter, Liftpump, Fuel pressure relief valve (BOSCH 1110010013), CCV-filter.
    Finally I updated my RaceMe programmer.
    Nothing helps !

That's what happens: I start the truck and obviously it runs normally. After a few kilometers (I´m in germany... ), the engine switches in something like a limp mode and I get these two messages with two bings. Sometimes the engine stalls on idling and starts hardly then. The MIL lamp is off and there are no codes stored.
    If I shut off the engine and start again, the message comes again direktly. But if I let it off for a few hours, it will run normally for about 10 miles.

I installd a fuel pressure gauge between the filter and the high pressure pump. At idling it shows 1,2 bar ( 17psi ), at accelerating (WOT)the pressure drops nearly to zero. But it immediately rises up, when I take the foot off the pedal. Is that ok?

Yesterday I did a test:

I started the cold engine. Outsidetemp was 7°C ( 44°F). I let him idling without any gas.
    After 35 minutes it starts to idle up and down ( I don´t know the english word) for about one minute, then stalls.
    After startin again it idles for about one minute then stalls again.
    So I can do again and again...
    Any ideas?
    Best regards, Greg

2. Likes Murph liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: "Service required" and "See dealer now"

Have you checked or changed the CCV filter

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Strictly speaking I have removed it. The engine can breathe freely now.

Greg

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Malzan View Post
    Hello,
    I am Greg from Germany.
    I have a "Service required" and "See dealer now"-message on my overhead-display. ( It is NOT the "perform service" massage ! )
    My truck is a 2007 Dodge Ram Cummins 6.7 with a RaceMe programmer.(No PRO, no ULTRA)

The Truck is fully deleted (No CAT, no EGR-cooler, no DPF, no throttle valve)
    I changed: Fuel filter, Liftpump, Fuel pressure relief valve (BOSCH 1110010013), CCV-filter.
    Finally I updated my RaceMe programmer.
    Nothing helps !

That's what happens: I start the truck and obviously it runs normally. After a few kilometers (I´m in germany...http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/im..._face_wink.png ), the engine switches in something like a limp mode and I get these two messages with two bings. Sometimes the engine stalls on idling and starts hardly then. The MIL lamp is off and there are no codes stored.
    If I shut off the engine and start again, the message comes again direktly. But if I let it off for a few hours, it will run normally for about 10 miles.

I installd a fuel pressure gauge between the filter and the high pressure pump. At idling it shows 1,2 bar ( 17psi ), at accelerating (WOT)the pressure drops nearly to zero. But it immediately rises up, when I take the foot off the pedal. Is that ok?

Yesterday I did a test:

I started the cold engine. Outsidetemp was 7°C ( 44°F). I let him idling without any gas.
    After 35 minutes it starts to idle up and down ( I don´t know the english word) for about one minute, then stalls.
    After startin again it idles for about one minute then stalls again.
    So I can do again and again...
    Any ideas?
    Best regards, Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Have you checked or changed the CCV filter

Greg
    Is the flapper valve still installed? If so, disconnect it.

It's the silver device just below the air horn. The intake hose is connected to it. The plug is on the back. About 10 or 11 o'clock. End of rough running. I never heard of idling issues before. But I'm betting it's the programming on the RaceMe. If I recall, the stock tunes needed work.

We have some of the best custom programmers in the world here. Someone may be able to help you. Like @Double R Diesel I think he does RaceMe too. He's very busy so bear with him.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Greg
    What was the last modification you performed before this started happening?

Speaking of the CCV, did you remove the filter media from the housing and the put the filter housing back in place, or just remove the filter and put the cover back on?

Also, have you checked the air filter and airbox for obstructions?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Is the flapper valve still installed? If so, disconnect it.

It's the silver device just below the air horn. The intake hose is connected to it. The plug is on the back. About 10 or 11 o'clock. End of rough running. I never heard of idling issues before. But I'm betting it's the programming on the RaceMe. If I recall, the stock tunes needed work.

We have some of the best custom programmers in the world here. Someone may be able to help you. Like @Double R Diesel I think he does RaceMe too. He's very busy so bear with him.
    Do you mean the throttle valve? That is kompletly deleted. https://www.ebay.de/itm/New-6-7L-EGR...72.m2749.l2649

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    What was the last modification you performed before this started happening?

Speaking of the CCV, did you remove the filter media from the housing and the put the filter housing back in place, or just remove the filter and put the cover back on?

Also, have you checked the air filter and airbox for obstructions?

Greg
    I imported the truck from the US with problems. Before installing the RaceMe tuner I had a P0087 Code, but after installing there is no code anymore.

I removed the filter media and put the filter housing back in place.

The airfilter is new and I can´t see any obstructions. Also I opend the filter box and let the engine idling without filter. It dies the same way...

Could it have anything to do with the fuel control actuator (FCA)?

Greg

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I imported the truck from the US with problems. Before installing the RaceMe tuner I had a P0087 Code, but after installing there is no code anymore.

The airfilter is new and I can´t see any obstructions. Also I opend the filter box and let the engine idling without filter. It dies the same way...

Greg
    Gonna have to look into this one.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Greg
    Hmmm... How many miles on the truck when you got it? Assuming the emissions were intact when you received it, it could be the MAP sensor. It will get caked with soot on a stock truck and can really affect how the truck runs when it does.

Sorry if it seems like a run around but want to rule out all the simple/cheap things first.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Hmmm... How many miles on the truck when you got it? Assuming the emissions were intact when you received it, it could be the MAP sensor. It will get caked with soot on a stock truck and can really affect how the truck runs when it does.

Sorry if it seems like a run around but want to rule out all the simple/cheap things first.

Greg
    Thanks Greg That would explain the bad idle. RaceMe is all over the place. I thought about today. You beat me

13. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast