Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  27

Thread: New MM3 user

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New MM3 user

my question is after I load the stock file and email it. Do I reinstall the mini SD card into
    the tuner o I can use my truck or just unplug it and wait till the new tune comes in?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: New MM3 user

You can keep it unplugged and run your truck as long as you haven’t deleted anything yet.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You can run the MM3 with the SD card removed and use the MM3 gauge functions while you wait for the tunes. I spent a few days playing with the gauges before I installed my ECM file and the SD Card out.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ok. Finally got it installed after have the rear main seal replaced. I was testing the 12v tune and it sounds bag ***. I tried the whistle tune can’t hear it? Is it because I haven’t replaced the exhaust? Also can I unplug the egr stuff under the hood now and as for the DEF. do most people drain it and pull the tank out or just leave the tank in and drain it or just leave it alone all together.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You won’t be able to hear the whistle until you remove all those restrictions from your exhaust. Ray recommends unplugging everything I believe but it’s all shut off either way. Should drain the DEF and you can leave the tank there or I know people have removed it and used the mounting bracket for a compressor and air horn kit.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren Leveling Springs | Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    You won’t be able to hear the whistle until you remove all those restrictions from your exhaust. Ray recommends unplugging everything I believe but it’s all shut off either way. Should drain the DEF and you can leave the tank there or I know people have removed it and used the mounting bracket for a compressor and air horn kit.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren Leveling Springs | Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar |
    So to clarify, I can install the MM3 with the tunes and leave all the hard parts installed? Ie the egr vavle and cooler and the DPF and scr filters? I ask because I won't be able to get my exauhst and delete kit for awhile(like 2 months). I can however purchase the MM3 and tunes and install that. Is there a down side to doing it that way?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bajaben View Post
    So to clarify, I can install the MM3 with the tunes and leave all the hard parts installed? Ie the egr vavle and cooler and the DPF and scr filters? I ask because I won't be able to get my exauhst and delete kit for awhile(like 2 months). I can however purchase the MM3 and tunes and install that. Is there a down side to doing it that way?

You can leave all the hard parts under the hood in tact, but you can't run the tunes without an exhaust.

You can install the MM3 but don't load up your custom tunes to it.

Hope that helps.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

13. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes bajaben, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yup, I was just on ray's page and read about that. "The DPF will clog almost immediately" so the tunes and the exauhst must be done together.
    Thanks for the fast response,(love this forum)
    In about a weeks time I will be purchasing lifetime membership (tax return )
    Again, thank you for the help.

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bajaben View Post
    Yup, I was just on ray's page and read about that. "The DPF will clog almost immediately" so the tunes and the exauhst must be done together.
    Thanks for the fast response,(love this forum)
    In about a weeks time I will be purchasing lifetime membership (tax return )
    Again, thank you for the help.

No problem friend.

We're just glad to help.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

17. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post