Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CEL w/ 7 trouble codes (truck running fine)???

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

CEL w/ 7 trouble codes (truck running fine)???

I have a question for those knowledgeable on electronics on a 6.7 Cummins. My 2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins w/ 76,000 miles completely stock other than K&N intake had the CEL come on with code P02E7 (intake air flow). Truck is and still is running fine with no issues but is now throwing 6 more codes that are kinda off the wall.

P2A01 (still unsure about this one)
    P0572 (brake switch voltage low)
    P0462 (fuel censor low input)
    P0602 (ECM fueling calibration error)
    P0562 (Voltage system low)
    P0606 (Internal ECM processor fault code)

I thought the CEL was emissions related but now these other codes are confusing me. Anyone had any of these similar codes pop up? And truck still run fine? Obviously imma end up taking it to dealer but before I do I want to b on my Ps and Qs because a new ECM could cost $2,000+ and I don't want to throw parts at this truck hoping for a fix. Never had one minutes trouble with this truck aside from replacing batteries a year ago... thanks for any help

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: CEL w/ 7 trouble codes (truck running fine)???

Still on your original batteries? Low voltage can cause all kinds of weird codes to pop up.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I replaced both batteries about a year back! I'm sure they could still go bad but I was leaning towards possibly a alternator going bad. But usually wen I decides to go the truck won't run. My hopes are it's not the ECM I'll b pretty bummed if it is with a completely stock truck at only 76k miles!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by knight89 View Post
    I replaced both batteries about a year back! I'm sure they could still go bad but I was leaning towards possibly a alternator going bad. But usually wen I decides to go the truck won't run. My hopes are it's not the ECM I'll b pretty bummed if it is with a completely stock truck at only 76k miles!
    Check the batteries anyway. Put a charger on them and see what it does.

With the lights, wipers and blower on full, you should be reading 14.5 Volts on the batt running. Get back to me

It could be a simple ground. Not sure where they all are on the 4th gen, they're usually along the fenders lip under the hood

I know a bunch of short runs will suck the Batts down pretty quick. Especially with the heaters kicking on and off now.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC