Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Motor mount help

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Motor mount help

Alright y’all I am completely lost and need some help. I have a 2000 5.9 cummins, I got in an accident a while ago and am doing the last things to get it ready to get it back on the road. As I was going over everything and replacing The little things I noticed that my transmission belt was busted and might tell housing is sitting approximately 3 inches to the passenger side of the center of the crossmember. I am trying to figure out if there’s a way possible to know for sure which motor mount is bent or what the easiest way to change both motor mounts is without having to pull the motor. I do have a parts truck with good motor mounts and anything else that I need I just cannot figure out how to get the motor mounts off the vehicle without pulling the motor... PLEASE HELP

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Motor mount help

You should be able to hold the motor up with s floor jack. I know of no reason to remove the engine. Probably allot easier with the fender well out

@SRTISB

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Agree with floor jack.
    Once used an old engine hoist.
    Anything to get it up 'safely'.

Just make sure it's secure before getting your hands under there.

Oh: When I did it in the past, I like to have a friend there to help and get help if something happened. Just for a safety precaution !

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SRTISB View Post
    Alright y’all I am completely lost and need some help. I have a 2000 5.9 cummins, I got in an accident a while ago and am doing the last things to get it ready to get it back on the road. As I was going over everything and replacing The little things I noticed that my transmission belt was busted and might tell housing is sitting approximately 3 inches to the passenger side of the center of the crossmember. I am trying to figure out if there’s a way possible to know for sure which motor mount is bent or what the easiest way to change both motor mounts is without having to pull the motor. I do have a parts truck with good motor mounts and anything else that I need I just cannot figure out how to get the motor mounts off the vehicle without pulling the motor... PLEASE HELP
    Read the previous messages.

Put a large block of wood between the jack and the oil pan to prevent from crushing the pan. Try to get close to an edge of the pan as well

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes walla2k5, AnOldBiker, Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thank you guys so much. That will be a huge help and I will hopefully be working on the truck tomorrow. Once I get the motor straight then I can put it all back together and get driving it again. The whole front clip is torn off to try and make it easier to fix.

9. Likes Power247 liked this post