Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: popping when turning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

popping when turning

this morning I noticed a popping when turning. It's predominantly when turning left at around 10mph you can hear/feel in the steering wheel a pop pop pop coming from the front end. My first inclination is maybe its a wheel bearing? Wanted to get some expert opinions on this one.
    2011 ram 2500 4x4 has 3" leveling kit, trac bar relocation bracket, and drop pitman arm

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: popping when turning

check track bar! have someone turn back and forth while your watching.

3. Likes FarmerJohn104, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Is it under the front end or inside the truck

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Could possibly be the u-joint in the front axle since is a 4x4, had this happen to me on an 06 at 90k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie, too many to list...

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

If you're hearing it from the column area it's 99% your clockspring for the air bag

If it's for sure under the front end could be anything from a ball joint, something stuck in a caliper to as mentioned above the axle u-joints

8. Likes FarmerJohn104, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

For the clockspring. Do not buy a Dorman!!!!
    I recently did and it went bad in less than 30 days. Now my cruise control is malfunctioning because of it. I am buying a Mopar to put back in

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I've had the pitman arm get loose on me before. Only noticed it at low speed, felt through the steering wheel. Like the others mentioned, go recheck everything in the front end.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I just installed thurens adjustable track bar and after a few hundred clicks it would start to pop at full lock. It's a loose bolt on the track bar allowing the bushing to move. Just needs to be torqued back down.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren Leveling Springs | Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

13. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If it's popping while rolling, it's most likely an axle ujoint.

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Only thing is he said he hears and feels it in the steering wheel. That's almost always a clockspring

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast