Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: OEM FUEL FILTERS

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

OEM FUEL FILTERS

Hello all, not sure if this is in the correct place.
    But her it goes, just a warning for all, IF ordering OEM fuel filters for 2013+ from Amazon, please make sure that you check the front filter, there is one vendor (not sure if I can name) shipping pre 2013 (not 3 micron) filters in both oem form and copies. The rear is correct.
    Please beware, it could be a warranty killer if found in use.
    Good luck all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: OEM FUEL FILTERS

If someone is selling something that is not what is advertised on the Amozon site, send notced to Amazon. I ran into this before and turned in a complaint, which they confirmed and took the sitw off line. Saves many people problems.

If this is correct, why would it be wrong to name the company or site ? Your protecting the members. But I would know for sure this is happening.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

We have reported they were removed for a grand total of 4 to 4 1/2 days. They refund amd get put back online. If we write a bad review, amaon pulls it. We have a thread going on another site, just wanted to warn others. Can a moderator let me know if I can post name, I don't want to break any rules.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

6. Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

OEM FUEL FILTERS

The companies name is Northern Lights Auto Supply. The filters are either counterfeit or for a 10-12 truck and sold for the 13+ trucks. They come in the correct box but the filter has been replaced with a poor quality one. Amazon is still allowing them to sell. Athens dodge is still reliable for the Amazon guys. It is a fraudulent sham that they have going. Most people do not know they are even being ripped off. Look for the blue green inner layer and the Cummins Fleetguard marks on the top.

8. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up, that's why I buy my oil and fuel filters from @Geno's Garage never had a problem, usually order a years worth at one time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

OEM FUEL FILTERS

Genos is great. A bit more money but guaranteed to be the right part the first time at a fair price. Much cheaper than the dealer. That is where I get my filters most of the time.

On the Northern Lights Auto Supply that is ripping people off the return address for the products is a residential home. The orders are fulfilled by Amazon and the product supplied by Northern. This is a huge issue with the fraud involved and potential to lose your warranty if a dealer discovers the use of those incorrect or counterfeit filters. Why Amazon is not permanently banning this seller is beyond me. The fact they are removing negative reviews is discouraging.

12. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I like Genos, but I usually buy baldwin oil filters and fleetgaurd fuel filters from fleet filters

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, that's why I buy my oil and fuel filters from @Geno's Garage never had a problem, usually order a years worth at one time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Appreciate the info but I Second buy my stuff from Genos Garage also right stuff all the time and not counterfeit at all

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs