Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Bypass Oil FilterThanks

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Bypass Oil FilterThanks

[FONT=arial][SIZE=4]I'm looking to install an oil bypass filter on my 2012 3500. My issue is I'm not prepared to pay the almost $400.00 Amsoil wants for their BMK34 Bypass Kit for the Cummins 6.7L. The problem is, that's all that shows up when I do google search. Are there no other reasonably priced options? I do not want a dual remote set up, just a remote bypass. Does anyone know of an option? Any information on what bypass filter would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Bypass Oil FilterThanks

There all spendy I've run amsoil and fs2500 kit and gulf coast . It's been awhile so not sure of cost.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. Likes Polaraco liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ywgbandit View Post
    [FONT=arial][SIZE=4]I'm looking to install an oil bypass filter on my 2012 3500. My issue is I'm not prepared to pay the almost $400.00 Amsoil wants for their BMK34 Bypass Kit for the Cummins 6.7L. The problem is, that's all that shows up when I do google search. Are there no other reasonably priced options? I do not want a dual remote set up, just a remote bypass. Does anyone know of an option? Any information on what bypass filter would be appreciated as well.
    Thanks.
    There are a few other options out there or you can build your own.

If you join Amsoil as a Preferred Customer, you pay $10 for 6 months or $20 for a year. You'll save 25% on anything you buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

5. Likes Polaraco liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes sir most definitely and we can get you set up and assist in any way possible. I'll shoot you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    There are a few other options out there or you can build your own.

If you join Amsoil as a Preferred Customer, you pay $10 for 6 months or $20 for a year. You'll save 25% on anything you buy.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes Polaraco, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

There is also a company around that makes a bypass using an amsoil filter. I think it is called Oil Charge Systems. The mount goes on top of the motor driver side. I was going to go this route until i found my second alternator uses those holes. The kit is still @$350.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I was considering that one since it had the braided stainless steel lines and a bracket, but then found this review and decided to just go with the Amsoil Kit.

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

10. Likes JaredHerzog liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I had the Amsoil bypass kit on my 12 LML. It was a very nice kit and the oil still got black but took longer. I will eventually get the Amsoil kit for my truck so i am interested in what you decide. I will need a different mounting location since my dual alternator on my 15 Ram is mounted where the Oil Charge Systems kit goes i believe.
    I am slow to do this since i change the oil every six months and have about 8000 miles each time. I have no plans to do extended drain intervals. Just keeping the oil filtered to two microns feels right.

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I'm not sure it's worth $350.00. For what they charge for the filters, they should give us a far better deal on the kit IMO, once you have the Amsoil kit are there filters the only ones that fit? I can buy a lot of oil for $350.00 and just change more often. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is a lot of money for a housing and some braided line! Might be worth it for the guys putting big miles on their trucks, but I don't even do 12K a year.

13. Top Of Page | #9
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

The Amsoil filter eabp100 is the same thread size as my normal oil filter. You can fine these in as low as 15 microns if you want to do this. The first time I installed my by pass unit, I used one before I change oil and installed the Amsoil 2 micron filter. The advantage of using the Amsoil by pass filters are: 1) they filter down to 2 micron 2) they last for a very long time. You need to view the Amsoil site for the actual recommended mileage.

I bought one from a company called NUC, but your truck is newer and they don't have the brackets for it. My friend has a Ford and we went to NAPA and bought the filter head, found some steel and made a bracket, then had NAPA make the two hoses and ordered the swivel fitting. They also found the oil filter cap for the swivel fitting. It might not look pretty, but it works. This is an option.

The advantage of the Amsoil and other kits are they have it pre planned, all the parts you need and usually easy installation. That's why many buy them. Mine came with a machined filter head and since I had to look at it everytime I open the hood, I felt better. My friends is far from pretty, actually ugly, but works and he is happy with it and the cost.

Ya might look into that one. I highly recommend an oil by pass system no mater what you end up with. It really does helps.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

14. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

So I heard of another option, the Fleetguard 2 stage oil filter. It has the regular oil filter combined with a bypass filter in one can. I found the website that explains the 2 stage filter. Here is the youtube link: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=efAsM8kRuYo) Apparently the filter that will fit the 5.9/6.7 Cummins is a Fleetguard LF9028, but I'd like to confirm that with someone who knows for sure. Any additional information on this would be greatly appreciated.

16. Likes FarmerJohn104, SyN liked this post