Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck feel like it's starving itself of fuel

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Truck feel like it's starving itself of fuel

Hey I'm new to the forum and have searched to try to see if anyone has had the problem with their truck that I am having. I have a 2015 ram 3500 that has been fully deleted, S&B intake, 5" exhaust and a raceme tuner on it. I put a Airdog ll-4G 165GPH Lift pump on it as well but when I go to get into the throttle pretty good it acts like it is straving itself of fuel. Then when I come to a stop the truck idles really loud like it wants to cut off then will go back to running normal after about 10sec. But on normal acceleration it runs fine. Does anyone know what might be causing this. I thought putting and air dog lift pump on it would fix that problem from happening. Sorry for such a long post in advance.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Truck feel like it's starving itself of fuel

Welcome!! Sorry I don't have any insight to the problem but have a few questions that might help others figure out what's going on.... How many miles on the truck before deleting? How many miles on the truck now? Did you up date your tunes recently? Since we can't see your truck in person the more detail the better

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Thanks Fastball1801 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Nice bud! Couldnt have asked it better myself. Very much appreciated.

Also if you don't mind me asking who did the tunes and what level of tunes did you go with? Even though you did the Airdog the stock injectors can only handle so much power. It wouldn't surprise me if you were pushing it too hard and then when you come to a stop they try and catch back up to normal. Same with the CP3 pump. It can only handle so much as well.

Another question as well is what is your fuel rail pressure when you are experiencing this? I'll shoot you a pm as well. All of us here will get ya taken care of one way or another my friend! Also welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Welcome!! Sorry I don't have any insight to the problem but have a few questions that might help others figure out what's going on.... How many miles on the truck before deleting? How many miles on the truck now? Did you up date your tunes recently? Since we can't see your truck in person the more detail the better

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks Power247, Fastball1801 thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball1801 View Post
    Hey I'm new to the forum and have searched to try to see if anyone has had the problem with their truck that I am having. I have a 2015 ram 3500 that has been fully deleted, S&B intake, 5" exhaust and a raceme tuner on it. I put a Airdog ll-4G 165GPH Lift pump on it as well but when I go to get into the throttle pretty good it acts like it is straving itself of fuel. Then when I come to a stop the truck idles really loud like it wants to cut off then will go back to running normal after about 10sec. But on normal acceleration it runs fine. Does anyone know what might be causing this. I thought putting and air dog lift pump on it would fix that problem from happening. Sorry for such a long post in advance.
    Good points, but I like to do the forensics. It usually puts the finger on the cause.

When did this start? After what Mod?

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the air dog is dropping the ball. Have you checked the pump pressure? They had an external pressure adjustment on them. It's nothing more than a spring and a ball. My Fass is giving me 25 PSI and that's on the high side

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes david3gen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I deleted and added all the mods to the truck at the same time. It pretty much started after I put it on. Is the adjustment visible on the air dog? I haven't notice an adjustment on it. Is 25psi what it needs to be around ? I also still have on the stock fuel filter system. I didn't know if that might be the problem or not.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sorry for not giving enough details. When I deleted it I had 30,000 miles on it and now have 49,000 on it. I haven't updated my turns at all. I'm still running the stock tunes that come on the raceme tuner. Would I need to up date the stock tunes on the tuner? I also checked and made sure that it didn't have air in it but I don't think that is the case. I appreciate all the help.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I just have the stock tunes that come on the race me tuner. I have it on the 150hp tune. How would I check my fuel rail pressure? Sorry for all the dumb question and I appreciate all the help in advance.

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Sorry I can't help you as I'm learning myself I'll be following along good luck
    btw welcome

Life is a one time offer, make the most of it

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Which raceme tuner do you have? Also do you have any gauges on the truck?

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Is your Air Dog feeding directly to the CP3?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast