Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truck feel like it's starving itself of fuel

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Truck feel like it's starving itself of fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Jcvititow View Post
    If you have bypassed the factory filter then there is no need to worry about it. Does the airdog bypass the return away from the factory housing as well?

As far as rail pressure I generally see 6-7k at idle, 15-20k at cruising and around 25k at wot. But those are some pretty rough numbers off the top of my head. But at wot it should maintain 25k or better I would think. I would watch it when it starts acting up and see if you see any large drops or surge in pressure.
    I don't know if it bypasses the return or not. But I did put the rail pressure gauge on the raceme tuner and at idle it was about mid 4K. Should I try and turn the pressure up on the airdog. I was doing some reading and it said the system comes stock at 10psi. I didn't know if that was high enough

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

From what I have read( which is not much) most people are around 15-20psi at idle and at least 10psi at wot.
    Rail pressure don't sound off, but like I said I would try to get it to act up and watch rail pressure when it does and that should help figure out if it is fueling.

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jcvititow View Post
    From what I have read( which is not much) most people are around 15-20psi at idle and at least 10psi at wot.
    Rail pressure don't sound off, but like I said I would try to get it to act up and watch rail pressure when it does and that should help figure out if it is fueling.
    Alright sounds good. I will see what I can find out. Thanks for all the help and to everyone that has commented on this. Y'all have been a big help. I will commit back on here when I figure it out. If y'all can think of anything else it might be let me know. Thanks again.

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball1801 View Post
    Alright sounds good. I will see what I can find out. Thanks for all the help and to everyone that has commented on this. Y'all have been a big help. I will commit back on here when I figure it out. If y'all can think of anything else it might be let me know. Thanks again.
    When were the filters last serviced? Not a good idea to duck changing them. It's only going get worse if filter service has been a long time. I have no faith in Air Dog filters either. After what I experienced with them.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    When were the filters last serviced? Not a good idea to duck changing them. It's only going get worse if filter service has been a long time. I have no faith in Air Dog filters either. After what I experienced with them.
    The airdog filter haven't been changed in about 15,000 miles. I was going to get new filters here soon

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

The airdog filter haven't been changed in about 15,000 miles. I was going to get new filters here soon
    Might as well change that factory filter too while so you get a good fresh start. You might have had some junk in you fuel and it's gumming up the works.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Might as well change that factory filter too while so you get a good fresh start. You might have had some junk in you fuel and it's gumming up the works.

Greg
    Good thinking that is true. I will get the stock filters as well. There is one in the engine bay and one under the truck as well correct?

8. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Good thinking that is true. I will get the stock filters as well. There is one in the engine bay and one under the truck as well correct?
    Yes sir. I found Amazon to have the best prices around.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Not sure how that Air Dog is packaged. Most have 2 filters. A pre-filter/water separator and a standard filter.

Taking the fender well out makes the factory filter real easy

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Ok I will take out the fender well then. I need all the help I can get LOL. Yes I think they come with both filters or you can buy them individually

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Not sure how that Air Dog is packaged. Most have 2 filters. A pre-filter/water separator and a standard filter.

Taking the fender well out makes the factory filter real easy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast