Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a/c questions

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: a/c questions

UPDATE:

Best price I could find on the updated fan clutch was $393. w/tax and free shipping on Amazon. Again, the Mopar
    part number is 68155609AB.

It has been installed on my truck now for about four weeks. And has completely cured my issue with the A/C blowing warm air at idle. Immediately after installing it, I can hear the fan
    moving much more air than the original fan ever did. I've also noticed that I can still hear it moving air once driving down the road. But after a minute or two at speed, it'll unlock and the fan sound goes away.

One thing that bothers me about the new clutch is that if I need to (or want to) put my foot down and get moving in a hurry, the fan is moving so much air that it's making something whistle. I think because of so much air pressure under the hood. I do wish the clutch would release the fan earlier than it does. I may talk with Ray @DRD and see if the cut-in/cut-out parameters can be changed.

I'm out. Switched back to gas!

2. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Thanks for reporting back on this. Hopefully you can get the other details worked out now.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes OverkillNeverFails liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillNeverFails View Post
    UPDATE:

Best price I could find on the updated fan clutch was $393. w/tax and free shipping on Amazon. Again, the Mopar
    part number is 68155609AB.

It has been installed on my truck now for about four weeks. And has completely cured my issue with the A/C blowing warm air at idle. Immediately after installing it, I can hear the fan
    moving much more air than the original fan ever did. I've also noticed that I can still hear it moving air once driving down the road. But after a minute or two at speed, it'll unlock and the fan sound goes away.

One thing that bothers me about the new clutch is that if I need to (or want to) put my foot down and get moving in a hurry, the fan is moving so much air that it's making something whistle. I think because of so much air pressure under the hood. I do wish the clutch would release the fan earlier than it does. I may talk with Ray @DRD and see if the cut-in/cut-out parameters can be changed.
    There are 2 TPS's in the throttle system. Its for redundancy but #2 controls the fan along with a few other functions. It's possible the fan is just delayed in disengaging.

I mentioned this way back. Have you run the system for codes? You need a decent code reader. If the TPS #2 is not functioning properly, that could be an issue. It would be a good idea to check that out. It's not uncommon.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks OverkillNeverFails thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    There are 2 TPS's in the throttle system. Its for redundancy but #2 controls the fan along with a few other functions. It's possible the fan is just delayed in disengaging.

I mentioned this way back. Have you run the system for codes? You need a decent code reader. If the TPS #2 is not functioning properly, that could be an issue. It would be a good idea to check that out. It's not uncommon.
    Great info, thanks! I have an MM3 with Ray’s tune so I should be able to check for codes with that.

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillNeverFails View Post
    Great info, thanks! I have an MM3 with Ray’s tune so I should be able to check for codes with that.
    No codes. At least none the MM3 can read. Not sure if it’ll display stored codes or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12