Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blow-by

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Blow-by

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronk View Post
    I believe it to be from the turbo forcing air into the oil, I have about.017 inches of up and down play. The compressor wheel gets to about.002 inches from the housing. If I push it down and try turning it it will bind up really bad to the point that I can't turn it
    Unlikely. The oil pressure is greater than the turbo pressure. If anything you'd have a wet turbo

Where is all the blow by escaping from? Have you checked the crankcase vent filter?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

You probably have broke rings. Pretty common on #5 or 6 cylinder.

Do you have an misfire codes?

Pull your exhaust manifold and have a look into each port on the head, this will tell you which one/ones the culprit is. It will be black and oil covered.

It's time for an overhaul.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

well did you get it figured out ? trust me and my bad luck if your oil cap bounces off at idle do a compression test. if you have a low cylinder you have broken rings, busted piston and a chewed up cylinder wall. i'm currently looking for another engine due to mine loosing another cylinder . take my advise seeing how i've had to rebuild it twice just do a compression test to confirm, you may get lucky and be able to save it with just a piston and rings in the bad cylinder, but wait to long and you wind up with piston ring sizes scratches in the cylinder wall

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123