Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Drive pressure?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Drive pressure?

With a 2016 3500 SRW with the exhaust brake on what's a safe range of drive pressure? I've seen mine shoot up to the 70s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Drive pressure?

Exhaust brake engages when your foot is off of the accelerator. From my understanding, that back pressure is fine because you’re not making boost. Hope someone else can explain it better.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

3. Likes Snow Dodge, Power247 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I've seen mine hit 70 barely when the EB engages. But I'm usually no where near that with my foot in it.

2014 Ram 3500 SRW Maximum Steel, Warp Tuning by Ray, Banks, Monster Ram , American Force Wheels , Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Amp Research Steps

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ya mine only when it my foot is off and have the brake on. Just asking looking to get an exhaust pressure gauge, just unsure on what level to go with. 100 or 60 psi, what do you guys think?

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKEYES View Post
    Ya mine only when it my foot is off and have the brake on. Just asking looking to get an exhaust pressure gauge, just unsure on what level to go with. 100 or 60 psi, what do you guys think?
    I've got a 100psi gauge just because I knew the exhaust break spikes pretty high.

2014 Ram 3500 SRW Maximum Steel, Warp Tuning by Ray, Banks, Monster Ram , American Force Wheels , Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Amp Research Steps

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKEYES View Post
    You can also monitor this via mm3 or RaceMe