Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 68RFE and OTF Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

68RFE and OTF Tuning

Hey guys, this may have been covered before, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway. Please use caution if loading an on the fly tune. I know it's tempting when that Dirtymax rolls up trying to show off and you want to switch to a hotter tune and smoke him, but your tranny might pay the price. If been talking to a couple of guys that build these and any time it senses a power change, it goes into adaptive mode to try and relearn shift patterns. If you bury your foot during this process you stand a much greater chance of improper clutch engagement and you could burn them up in a heartbeat. Not to mention the addition stress of a bad stutter on your input shaft. Take care and keep em rolling.

Last edited by CopperHead; 09-25-2017 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Typo

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, Joe Froe thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE and OTF Tuning

The transmissions on these newer truck do have a learning curve anytime you do changes to the new transmission they have to learn new shift patterns

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

4r100

SWAP

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thats why I leave mine in the “smoke a dirtymax” tune all the time

But seriously, seems like if you have custom trans tuning that it should over ride the adaptive learn. I know it doesn’t but it should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Joe Froe liked this post