Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  59
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard Wiring AMP Running Board System?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Hard Wiring AMP Running Board System?

Have the amp splitter, and the mm3, did my delete labor day weekend. No issues at first, did the original read and write with only the mm3 in the odb2 port. Ran for 3 days, changed tunes several tines. Then, 3 days later after an extended period with the accessory on, started truck and had no throttle. Saw the throttle position change on the mm3, but no response from truck. Reflashed the truck again and, no issue since. Not sure if it was the splitter, I've begun to turn off the mm3 when listening to the radio with the truck off. Just a heads up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Yamahamod liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Guys be careful using a splitter with the MM3. You might can get away with it sometimes, but things can happen. If you are bound and determined to do it, please never program the ecm with the ecm file (aka flashing the ecm) thru a splitter. Doing the RT thing via a spitter may work sometimes, but we had a guy almost brick his ecm by trying to flash the ecm thru a spitter with his MM3.

Gonna tag @MM3 Power on this so you guys not only here it from me.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks 480 volt, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

Well this is not good news. We can't figure out how to hardwire it safely and now spitting it might brick the MM3.

I need to be able to use the AMP.

Don't Stress

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

okay I made a call to AMP. instead of using the splinter we can buy the 2015 wiring harness for $99 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpa-19-03695-90l
    The splinter or passthrough is 90 Amazon so $10 more and a little of taken stuff apart it will be done right. The instructions are on the Amp website for the 2015 Ram to be able to hard wire it up. he said that we might have to move the Alpine amp out of the way to find the right location. there should also be videos out to be able to install the 2015.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RezStyle Cummins View Post
    okay I made a call to AMP. instead of using the splinter we can buy the 2015 wiring harness for$95 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpa-19-03695-90l
    The splinter or passthrough is $85 on Amazon so $10 more and a little of taken stuff apart it will be done right. The instructions are on the Amp website for the 2015 Ram to be able to hard wire it up. he said that we might have to move the Alpine amp out of the way to find the right location. there should also be videos out to be able to install the 2015.
    It sucks that you have to buy an extra harness to make this work but good that you have another option. I'm surprised they didn't sell you the harness direct. I got my steps used and was able to order new hardware kit and later a replacement control module direct from Lund/Amp.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

We do not recommend using any spiltter, or pass through style connections.

Other devices being plugged into the OBD2 port is not a good idea.

They are only talking to the BCM(body control module) but they are sharing the can-bus with us, and they are hyper sensitive!

Having said that; If you must... Make sure that you are connected directly to the trucks OBD2 port for the download/flash process.

Also, for what it's worth, it seems like we have had less problems with the AMP research brand pass through harness than the cheaper brands that are found on Amazon, etc...

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

okay I made a call to AMP. instead of using the splinter we can buy the 2015 wiring harness for $99 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpa-19-03695-90l
    The splinter or passthrough is 90 Amazon so $10 more and a little of taken stuff apart it will be done right. The instructions are on the Amp website for the 2015 Ram to be able to hard wire it up. he said that we might have to move the Alpine amp out of the way to find the right location. there should also be videos out to be able to install the 2015.
    Did that come with the controller too? I’m looking into buying this as well.

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

What year is your truck? I am having problems with my steps and the splitter. I have unplugged the MM3 and have the steps in the plug right now and seems to work fine. Did the wire colors all match up to the instructions? Has anyone done this on a 2017?

I need to do something, not sure that I want to buy another splitter if there is a viable hardwire option.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

So several weeks ago I contacted amp about hardwiring my wifes 17. This is what I was told.

Yes, you can hardwire the step kit that you have. You can hardwire the system according to the manual for the 75138-01A kit. I’ve attached one for your manual.

The wiring harness that you currently have will need to be modified. You will need to branch the two wires into four, so that you have a wire for each of the doors. You will also need to add a diode to each side of the branch to keep the wires from back feeding on each other. The diodes you would need are part number 1N4001, and you would need four of these. You should be able to find these at a local electronic parts dealer like a Radio Shack.

Regards,

Chris Peterson | Call Center Agent | Lund International

949.221.4198 p | c | f

Office: 15651 Mosher Ave. | Tustin,CA | 92780

He attatched 3 pdf files of the instructions. I did not feel confident in myself to start cutting wires so I'm still using the pass through cable. No issues as of yet.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Well I switched mine over to the hardware setup, it was a pain getting to the wires that need to be tapped into, but all works well!!! Yes you’ll have to get a new controller as well, I called AMP and they processed mine under warranty claim so no more splitter!!!!

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast