Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  59
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hard Wiring AMP Running Board System?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Hard Wiring AMP Running Board System?

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    Chris at AMP-Research said I have the diodes backwards, the controller should work with the hardwire setup. Will rewire and report back.
    Thanks for this and the other post with the wiring diagram, It really helped me get it hard wired. It is definitely a pain to get at everything no matter what you remove ! Posi-taps are a must.

Thanks again.
    Jamie

2. Top Of Page | #42

Can a splitter be used with AMP and MM3 if the MM3 is only used as a monitor (never really switch tunes)?

For example, MM3 already installed, already have tune of choice and not switching tunes through RT switch. Basically, keeping the same tune. If tune wanted to be switched, remove splitter, plug MM3 into OBD, switch tune...then go back to splitter.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Cooksey thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Hey thanks Brentm. Got mine hardwired with your info. Way worth the work for the peace of mind. Deleting with DRD’s Lite option next.

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CTDAF View Post
    Hey thanks Brentm. Got mine hardwired with your info. Way worth the work for the peace of mind. Deleting with DRD’s Lite option next.
    Happy to help

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #45

In case anyone else is picture oriented, this shows which purple/gray wire you want on the blue connector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

So I am now having issues with my amp steps after hardwiring due to getting a MM3. I hardwired my plug n play steps in according to the directions like everyone else. Soldered in diodes in 4 legs and ran two off of each purple going to the amp controller. Everything seemed to be working fine so as I was wrapping up and putting things away, I noticed that the steps had come down while the doors were all closed. I opened the drivers door and closed it and the steps went up. Finished cleaning up and after about a minute or so they deployed down again. Once again I opened and closed the door and they retracted. Another minute or so and they deployed again. Disconnected the batteries for about an hour and they still do the same thing. Now when the doors are closed and the steps are down, if I hit the lock or unlock on the key fob, the will go up. And back down after a minute or so. They will stay up if the truck is running. I’m at a total loss here. I’ve reached out to amp for help and so far they have just asked a bunch of questions in every reply and asked for pictures of the connections. Wondering if anyone here may have any ideas. Never had one issue when using the obd plug but would prefer to keep that dedicated for the MM3 if at all possible. I may try and hook them back up to the obd plug and port over the weekend just to make sure the controller isn’t bad now. I just don’t know what went wrong

11. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

You may have a short to ground. If I remember correctly the purple wires provide a ground signal when the door opens. Have you checked all your wiring to make sure there is nothing pinched or cut. If one of the wires was shorting to ground the steps would operate.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

12. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

I have double and triple checked all connections. I used posi taps where I tapped into the wiring harnesses, and the diodes and all other joints are soldered and covered with shrink wrap.

13. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheDad View Post
    I have double and triple checked all connections. I used posi taps where I tapped into the wiring harnesses, and the diodes and all other joints are soldered and covered with shrink wrap.
    Give amp a call- I have only spoke to their tech support once but they were helpful and knew the product well

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Give amp a call- I have only spoke to their tech support once but they were helpful and knew the product well
    Yeah. I’m going to do that today. I’ve been going back and forth with emails and so far it’s gotten me nowhere

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast