Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  59

Thread: Hard Wiring AMP Running Board System?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

Hard Wiring AMP Running Board System?

I found a passthrough harness, but that seems to be a waste of money. So I think that I'll just soldier and shrink wrap it. It looks like it just connects to 4 wires.

I'm a little worried about cutting into the port wires, but it should be okay.

Don't Stress

2. Thanks metaldrummer839 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RezStyle Cummins View Post
    I found a passthrough harness, but that seems to be a waste of money. So I think that I'll just soldier and shrink wrap it. It looks like it just connects to 4 wires.

Don't Stress
    I'm not sure that will work either. If it won't work with the pass through, it probably won't work hard wired. If anything, it may interfere with the running of the truck. Try it at your own risk, but you may pay for it later. Mopar CanBus is not too forgiving

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RezStyle Cummins View Post

Don't Stress
    My AMP steps came with some nice 'thread on' wire taps so no cutting and splicing needed. My truck is a '12 so I actually tap the 4 wires under the fuse box in the engine compartment. There was a change made to the '13 + and the wires you need are way up under the dash. Several guys on here are running a splitter/pass through without any issues.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post